Application Systems Consultant
TOP Consulting is looking for an Application Systems Consultant to join our team. Qualified candidates will have over 5 years of experience with development and support of EDI, stakeholder/vendor management, troubleshooting, workflow design, and problem-solving skills. We are looking for a resource that is a self-starter and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Four Year degree in information technology, healthcare related field, or equivalent job experience.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of Healthcare Finance and Supply Chain.
- Organizational skills with detail orientation.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Four years of related Experience
- Responsible for providing day-to-day development/support of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) such as onboarding/enrollment, monitoring, troubleshooting, resolving issues, 3rd party coordination,
- Responsible for other such activities that the team is responsible for and participates in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of production EDI functions using standard healthcare financial/SC file formats.
- Respond to EDI error messages- failed PO’s, acknowledgements, invoices, etc.
- Work with trading partner and GHX if there is any kind of account change
- Troubleshoot and communicate to end users on any EDI downtime or service failures
- Conduct daily monitoring - review query output to spot any data throughput errors or to confirm all systems involved are up and operational.
- On Call – correcting data errors as needed 30%
- Board new trading partners with 3rd party exchange hubs such as GHX. These requests could come from:
- A supplier requesting to start transacting via EDI
- A request from AP to start using the 810 with trading partner
- Moving forward with boarding the 810 for trading partners that we have been transacting via EDI
- Set up New Trading Partners in Gentran for 850/855 transactions – Perform setup and testing with 3rd party exchange hubs such as GHX
- Review new 810 transactions – Perform testing while ensuring that the test data is clean before allowing it to flow in automatically. 20%
- Performs research and development to maintain awareness of state-of-the-art EDI related technology developments
- Looks for ways to continuously improve and streamline 3rd party integrations