Title: WebSphere MQ Administrator
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 24+ Months Contract
- The Websphere MQ Administrator will have 5 years of experience and will support Websphere MQ series on Linux/Windows based platforms.
Primary duties include the following:
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Websphere MQ series 7.x/ 8.x on Linux and Windows
- Configuration and administration of WebSphere MQ 8.x for z/OS
- Install and configure MQSeries queue managers, queues and Message Broker
- Perform MQ Manager backup and recovery in Unix and Windows
- Hands on knowledge of MQ upgrades and installation of maintenance fix packs.
- Support and troubleshoot issues with Websphere MQ series on standalone and high availability environments.
- Good understanding of WebSphere MQ security administration and features. Understanding of SSL authentication a plus.
- Experience in MQ performance monitoring / tuning and optimization/capacity planning and support Messaging and queue administration.
- Additional duties may include process documentation, task automation, and performing client work requests.
- Familiarity with JMS and WebSphere MQ
- Strong foundation in crontab scheduling and script writing.
- Works in collaboration with multiple business units to provide complex problem resolution for project teams
- Participate in MQ disaster recovery planning and execution
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner to clients and management
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with DB2 database administration with z/OS operating system