Application Systems Engineer
Type: Application Development and Support Location: Oakland, CA
$120K- $152K Yearly Salary (commensurate with experience) Are you interested in working for the award winning Alameda County IT Department? Do you have a minimum of two to five years of recent solid experience in application development? Are you able to effectively work with users to understand their business requirements and then design and build applications to meet their business needs? This is an opportunity for you to have hands-on involvement in developing application solutions.
Alameda County is looking for an Application System Engineer II to join our team and provide technical solutions for complex systems. You must be able to communicate with managers, peers, and customers in a team environment to achieve results. Knowledge of agile scrum methodology, system analysis and design, relational databases (preferably SQL Server), and web development (preferably .NET C#). Knowledge of ASP.NET or VB.NET is a plus but not required.
- Hands-on involvement in full stack development preferably in .NET, C#, EF, MVC. Knowledge of ASP.NET and VB.NET is good to have.
- Work with users to gather business requirements and define software solutions.
- Analyze and design software solutions that utilize existing and new technologies, programming techniques, and methods.
- Create and maintain project plans and track complex projects through project phases for enhancing existing applications and development of new applications.
- Manage and coordinate the team's activities with users, provide reporting and presentations as needed. Interact with other stakeholders regarding scheduling, requirements, design specifications, and other matters as required.
- Upgrade and/or re-write legacy systems
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum two years experience in application development plus a bachelor's degree in Computer Science OR
- Five years experience in applications development
- Expert level skills in .NET and SQL Server development
- Strong object oriented design skills with knowledge/usage of Design patterns
- Experience working with RDBMS, preferably SQL Server
- Experience in building Service Oriented applications is a plus
Good to have:
- Work experience with Angular 2+Work experience with C# for webapi development
- Work experience with third party libraries such as Telerik/Kendo
- Experience in Cloud based Environments
- Passionate about learningWilling and eager to adapt to new tools and processes
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Analyze complex business systems
- Develop business requirements, design and programming specifications
- Communicate technical concepts to department representatives
- Gather and analyze data, drawing sound conclusions, provide concise reports and make presentations
- Prepare documentation and training materials
- Create project plans with time, resource, and costs requirements
- Manage small development projects
Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Alameda County does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B) and an offer of employment shall not be construed as including said sponsorship presently or in the future. No vendor resumes at this time.