Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is a leading provider of knowledge driven software solutions and subject matter consulting services addressing the needs of acquisition professionals. DSI offers a fun, casual, and collaborative working environment for individuals interested in conquering technology barriers, learning by doing, and taking pride in developing superior software manufactured in the USA.
Want to be engaged in the whole process of software invention? We are a fast growing company, seeking highly motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment including the ability to engage in open and animated peer review sessions, able to change direction quickly, and an eagerness to learn new technologies. Most importantly - we look for people that are creative and innovative and deliver on a timely basis - because it’s a lot more fun to get things done this way!
DSI is seeking Applications/Web/Business/Data Tier Developers with hands-on knowledge of .NET development using Microsoft software development tools. DSI adheres to an agile methodology focused on the rapid developing of iterative features in a peer/team environment. DSI Developers are assigned projects for the duration of the agile development cycle engaging them in a complete development life cycle including support and deployment. All DSI development staff experience full exposure to application lifecycle management (ALM), which affords our employees the opportunity to learn and work across many functional areas including UI/UX, business layer, database design, application architecture, etc.
- Collaborate with software architects and peers to implement software solutions in support of overall long-term strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of full application lifecycle management
- Manage Web server (IIS), SQL server and all aspects of Windows operating system/hardware
- Develop software utilizing N-tier architecture with T-SQL, Business Objects, IIS and WCF, and Web browsers
- Profile and performance-tune databases, including data, indexes, and Stored Procedures
- Develop and drive coding methods, best practices and testing
- Research software related issues and ensure appropriate due diligence is performed using thorough testing solutions before making changes
- Enhance development environment to promote reusable code, easy maintenance, and extension of DSI software products
- Estimate consistent and accurate development time
- Complete challenging software projects on time and with respect to overall project strategies
- Participate in an agile development process from story boards to production
- Support the maintenance and performance of system loads, enhancement of interfaces, and other ongoing support tasks.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and leading practices
- 5+ years of experience working in a formal software development environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server performance and strong programming skills using TSQL, and SSIS, SSRS a plus
- Experience with software development methodology such as: Agile, Scrum
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and process-oriented
- Great teamwork, organizational, and time-management skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with Federal Acquisition and Procurement processes
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- MCSD, MCAD, MCDBA certifications a plus
- Angular JS
- Microsoft Stack
- Visual Studio 2012 and Later