Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking an experienced Applications Developer to support development, maintenance, and integration activities for large-scale, enterprise systems for our DoD customer. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 4 years' experience is required. This individual will be a key team member on the project, providing design and coding expertise, and assist with managing multiple environments operating on both on-premise and cloud platforms. Able to work as part of a team and individually with little or no supervision.Responsibilities:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of customer requirements and how they translate to application features.
- Develop code to properly integrate components from other develop teams into the integrated environment.
- Participate in review of updated code/changes from component developers prior to integration into the integrated environment and ensure these meet system requirements before deployment.
- Unit test and deploy routine updates to COTS components integrated into the overall system.
- Unit test and deploy configuration/environment changes in compliance with the latest Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Conduct formal code quality checks with the Government as part of formal Software Code Quality Checking (SCQC) activities.
- Develop and maintain scripts for automating common software development life cycle (SDLC) activities in support of robust DevSecOps processes.
- Perform unit and integration testing of new and updated code.
- Support ongoing cybersecurity activities, ensuring all systems and system components maintain a strong security posture in accordance with DoD requirements and guidelines.
- Research and address systems integration and compatibility issues found across multiple platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production problems reported by users.
- Provide input on program and release documentation such as Installation Instructions, Users Guides, Admin & Operations Guides, Smoke Test Plans, and Smoke Test Reports.
- Participate in risk management assessments and software/hardware development activities, providing technical expertise and support.
- Detailed technical knowledge of key DoD Healthcare IT systems.
- Subject matter expert with extensive experience performing development integration tasks for large-scale enterprise systems.
- Hold certifications and training compliant with Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M.
- Experience with software process improvement initiatives and formal development processes following CMMI Level 5 guidelines.
- Experience evaluating systems against the latest STIGs and working to resolve issues/discrepancies found.
- Experience supporting Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities for obtaining and maintaining accreditation of DoD systems.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), following formal methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, or a hybrid of both.
- Experience with formal Configuration Management practices for management of code and code submissions.
- Experience with Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis.
- Experience using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Project 2000, Access, and Visio.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills (oral & written).
- Hold a Microsoft Cloud certification such as Microsoft Azure Administrator or similar.
- Experience developing and managing changes for systems operating on on-premise, cloud (particularly Azure), and hybrid platforms.
- Experience implementing and executing mature DevSecOps processes, particularly with automation of unit testing and builds, incorporating security into all aspects of the lifecycle.
- Experience implementing automation scripts for managing environments comprised of infrastructure located across different platforms (on-premise and cloud) using tools such as Chef.
- Experience with developing systems that use large-scale Oracle databases, implementing automated scripts for applying database updates.
- Experience in MUMPS programming using FileMan utilities.
- Experience with creating/maintaining project documentation such as the System Design Document (SDD), System/Subsystem Design Document (SSDD), Interface Design Document (IDD), Interface Control Document (ICD), and Database Design Description (DBDD)
- Familiarity with code/release 'hand-off' procedures to the DoD.
- Familiarity with the various DoDAF views applicable to DoD systems.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Possesses a good understanding of business applications. Works with technical staff to understand and resolve software problems, resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. May be involved in the development of software user manuals and demonstrate software. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work