Mackson, an A-TEK Company, is seeking to staff a team of software professionals to build and deploy new systems with web capabilities for our key government customers. We have an immediate opportunity for an Applications Developer I in our Rockville, MD office. The Applications Developer I will also spend time on the customer site in Rockville, MD in support of federal clients.
This position involves working as an integral part of a team of software professionals on multiple projects to build out web-based applications. This individual evaluates, analyzes, and modifies moderately complex application programs. The Applications Developer I codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications. The selected applicant works on most phases of application development activities; while analyzing and resolving problems associated with applications. The Applications Developer I also detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems.
• Technical analysis, design/modeling, coding, debugging/troubleshooting, and component testing.
• Maintenance, enhancement and/or development of working applications and interfaces with other applications.
• Participate in pager/on-call support rotation.
• Estimate software development cost and schedule.
• Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Mackson and client methodologies.
• Provide application development support in a timely manner.
• Analyze, design/model, code, and test break/fix requests and enhancements to modules.
• Develop technical system specifications for components.
• Design components to technical programming standards.
• Provide support for the installation of application releases into production as directed.
• Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
• Create operational documentation.
• Perform system, interface, and batch monitoring as required.
• Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
• Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
• Requires a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution in a management or technical discipline – Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering (related degrees and equivalent work experience will be considered) and 5-7 years of performing applications programming/development
• Technical competency in Java, Node.JS, TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGIT, GIT for Windows, Angular, PrimeFaces, Hibernate, Spring, Spring WebFlow, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, BootStrap, JQuery, Selenium, TestNG
• Skilled in and knowledgeable in technologies used and applications supported
• Positive customer orientation and experience working with clients face-to-face
• Knowledge of IT systems or IT organizations
• Exposure to Production Application Support
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Federal contracting experience supporting HHS or FDA
• Experience with the SDLC / EPLC
• Experience with data analytics and process analysis paradigms for addressing client needs
• Keen sense of the User Experience and User Journey