We-re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done- our innovative culture demands -yes and how!- We are UPS.- We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.).-He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines.-This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives.-He/She provides development, maintenance, and support for applications.
The Applications Developer develops, tests, maintains and supports front and back end Java/J2EE applications, UI and Services. He/She Performs duties associated with the SDLC. This position interprets requirements/user stories and specifications, designs, codes, tests, deploys complex mission critical revenue generating high volume applications with low tolerance of downtime.
* Collaborates with peers on a frequent basis, including interfacing teams, user groups and fellow developers and testers
* Troubleshoots issues and is resourceful to find root cause and solution
* Performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines
* Maintains daily build, test cases and test scripts execution
* Provides 24x7 support in rotation with others
* Experience and proficiency in Java/J2EE development, quality assurance testing practice and automation
* Must have excellent analytical skills, an aptitude for technology and is detail oriented
* Possess sound logical-thinking skills and the ability to transpose it through excellent verbal and written skills
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities
* Available to work during holidays and weekends as needed
Advanced-level proficiency with:
* Object Oriented Analysis & Design
* Self-Motivated Learner
Intermediate-level proficiency with:
* Agile Development
* Secure Internet Development Architecture & Design
* J2EE Development
* Test Automation Tools
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Database, SQL language and stores procedure experience a plus
* 1-2+ years of work experience and most of the skills sets listed
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law