Applications Engineering Intern - Full-time - Summer 2020Job Description:Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 109 company with 20,000 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 125 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP's and Directors
We have exciting opportunities for Electrical, Mechanical, and ComputerEngineering Interns to work full time (40 hrs/week) over the Summer 2020. Arrow's Engineering team solves comprehensive embedded solutions across broad markets, leveraging extensive leading technology. Enabled through Arrow's many world-class supplier partners and our current expertise in architectural and design consultation, you will help pull the pieces together. Your active involvement in creating ideas and solutions for customers, and solving many design challenges will provide a rewarding experience. Working within a centralized team of Design Engineers who offer expertise across all major embedded technologies, your talent and success will reach a wide audience and make a difference.Requirements & Skills
Education & Experience
- Act as a resource for field technical team and liaison with customer engineers
- Provide comprehensive, alternative PEMCO (Passive Electromechanical and Connector) design solutions for customers
- Understand and deliver full gamut of PEMCO solutions for applications, including tools, interoperability with active components, 3rd party design services, etc.
- Deliver ideas appropriate for specific applications swiftly and professionally
- Understand and execute successful Arrow and supplier demand creation strategies
- Interface and coordinate with a number of Arrow internal resources as well as supplier product and strategic marketing contacts
- Provide expertise and assistance in a variety of early design services to accelerate customer time to market and provide them with a competitive edge
- Build relationships with industry subject matter experts
- Attend key supplier training events and participate in online training
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's in Engineering with a concentration in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer and an anticipated graduation date in 2020 or 2021
- Available to work full time (40 hrs/week) during the summer (May/June through early August)*
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative thoughts.
- Able to objectively craft, compare and contrast multiple solutions per application
- Thrive on new technology while staying grounded in practical solutions
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask are a must
This is a paid position!*Candidates must be available to be in Denver, COfrom June 17-18 2020 through August 12-14 2020.
Denver (Centennial)Time Type:
Full timeJob Category: