Summary DTS sustains a culture of hard-working and highly-motivated
employees. Under the supervision of the CTO, the Applications &
Support Engineer is responsible for performing a wide variety of
technical tasks, including but not limited to responding to online Help
Center requests and phone calls, supporting software development through
testing and feedback to the Engineering group, supporting sales
activities, working closely with customers to provide training and
onsite product demonstrations, and attending trade shows and seminars.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of
the employee for this job. Additional responsibilities and requirements
may change at any time with or without notice. Responsibilities and
Documentation Create documentation and training materials as assigned. Add pertinent knowledge base content to the Help Center as necessary. Work with the Customer Service department to assure customer
- Provide Help Center, phone, or on-site troubleshooting and
- Arrange and/or provide web-based or on-site training.
- Customer Advocacy
- Working closely with Sales, help define/review product and
system requirements for hardware and software.
- Test software and system performance as necessary to ensure
customer needs are addressed. Provide feedback to Engineering as
appropriate. Participate in regular software stakeholder?s meetings.
- Design and validate custom accessories as needed to meet
expectations are met. Periodically attend tradeshows and regional training seminars.
- Technical degree in electronics/engineering (or equivalent
training) with a minimum 5 years of hands-on experience working with
electronic products or data acquisitions systems.
- Experience working with dynamic sensors and data acquisition
systems in an aerospace or automotive testing environment is a
- Experience with aerospace flight test applications a plus,
including IRIG 106 and Mil-Std environmental requirements.
- Experience with data collection standards a plus, including SAE
J211 and IEEE 1057.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Multicultural
experience is a plus.
- Make effective product demonstrations and PowerPoint presentations.
- Possess strong computer skills, including Microsoft Windows &
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to master
numerous DTS software products and tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines, and
coordinate with other departments.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and conflict
- Ability to work with others in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- The position requires up to 20% travel and periodic visits to DTS
facilities in Michigan or other global locations.
- Must possess strong computer skills: Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Equipment Use This position
works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health
concerns may demand constant attention. The work environment is a
production and engineering area and typical business office. The
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and have the ability
to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Work Schedule Work hours will be
determined based on business and customer needs but are predominantly
scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and at times could
include overtime if necessary. ITAR Statement This position must
meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a ?US Person? as
defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. Equal Opportunity Statement
DTS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, age, ancestry, color, creed, disability
status (physical or mental), gender, marital status, legally-protected
medical condition (including pregnancy), national origin, religion,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation,
military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Travel: 25%