Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions (MCIS) Group. Mantech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Entry Level Applications Analyst/Linux System Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth. A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Perform daily system administration duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Configure system based on requested changes. Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes.
- Be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems. (on call rotation).
- Provide necessary instruction/documentation for change requests. Installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.
- Assists in the research to develop or enhance information systems.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintain programs.
- Diagrams information flow, showing source and distribution of all segments, processing elements, channels, and methods of entering corrections, and data retention requirements.
- Attends on-going training sessions to achieve a higher level of technical skill.
Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance is required. Required Qualifications:
- Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and zero to two years of related work experience.
- Shall possess 0 to 4 years experience in installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.
- Shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of systems.
- Possess knowledge of RedHat Linux, Solaris, and/or other Linux baselines.
- Demonstrated possession of strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated possession of excellent Personal Computer skills, including MS Office, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.