Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Linux Systems Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
As a Systems Administrator, you will perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting.You will configure system based on requested changes.Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes.Will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical supporting systems. (on call rotation).Will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.The System Administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.Experience working with Administration of Splunk, Arcsight, and other SIEM and log collection products. Certifications in operating systems and other COTS products are desired. A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Basic knowledge of Linux CLI, specifically RHEL
- Understanding of Linux compatibility issues and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of system services like LDAP, DNS, NFS, etc.
- Knowledge of app services (tomcat, MQ, apache)
- Familiarity in scripting languages (bash, python, using cron)
- Ability to work with new technologies and changing system environments
- Ability to work in multi-system environmentsUnderstanding AGILE and SAFe work frameworks
Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance is required. Required Qualifications:
- Possess 4-7 years of relevant work experience - Systems Administration. Red Hat or equivalent Linux Administration
- Possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems
- Experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
- Perform daily operational duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
- Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.