*** CLIENT STRONGLY PREFERS CANDIDATES LOCAL TO KANSAS CITY, MO ***
Title: Web Content Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Duration: 9+ Months Contract
- This person is responsible for proactively identifying and anticipating the company’s content needs on client web site and proactively making recommendations on how to address those needs.
- Comfortable with and proven ability to develop strategy and be the person who executes it.
- Experience managing B2C online content initiatives, including blogs.
- Ability to engage and lead internal stakeholders for the website to ensure content needs are met for stakeholders and the company overall.
- The Web Manager will identify new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content throughout the site and recommend and implement changes to site layout and content based on usability testing and website analytics.
- Interest in, passion for and preferred track record of learning about client’s business and its needs as well as rapidly evolving communications industry (required to have a track record of learning about comms industry) best practices, including SEO, digital marketing strategy and execution, content strategy and more.
- Track record of applying knowledge learned.
- Strong, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others responsible for client's digital assets and internal subject matter experts.
- Ability to work effectively in a co-management situation with technical resource allocated to website management.
- Strong writing skills for digital content development, especially blogs.
- Solid understanding of content marketing strategy and how websites support that.
- Strong ability to determine editorial calendar and rotation of content on websites and blogs.
- Experience with enterprise web content management systems required.
- Sitecore experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to update content on websites via content management system.
- Ability to conduct basic HTML and CSS coding, as needed.
- Understands what graphics work on the web and can appropriately art direct creative and technical resources to obtain needed visual elements for the site.
- Ability to create and modify simple graphics and design elements for web and other digital assets, such as image sizing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge and execution.
- Minimum 5 years’ current, proven experience in web content management, online editorial capacity managing content for high traffic websites. Experience managing a blog.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Proven track record of managing websites and/or digital content, counseling business partners on digital communications strategy, integration of websites and digital content into marketing communications campaigns and personal effectiveness, as described.
o Responsible for presenting current, updated, accurate (free of typos and factual errors) information; and other needs, as necessary
- We are looking for a strong writer of web content of various types: informational, marketing and transactional.
- Writing web content is the most important function this person will perform.
- Candidate needs to have worked in this capacity in prior jobs.
- Needs to be well versed in receiving writing assignments, quickly gaining an understanding of the audience and internal client needs, working as independently as possible to generate solid copy that fits the company's voice and brand, accepting editorial direction and feedback.
- Need someone who can crank out a decent volume of copy in a short amount of time and has experience writing on tight deadlines.