*** CLIENT STRONGLY PREFERS CANDIDATES LOCAL TO THOUSAND OAKS, CA ***
Title: Health Economics Senior Manager - HTA
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
- The incumbent will serve in a content-oriented leadership role within client’s Health Technology Assessment Center of Excellence (HTA CoE) by actively partnering with country staff on national access and reimbursement strategy, leveraging cross-country product insights and learnings, and ensuring team alignment at the local, regional and global level on key dossier elements prior to submission.
- This role is focused on ensuring submissions are timely, high quality, and aligned with endorsed strategy to achieve optimal patient access and reimbursement for our products.
- This role is of increasing importance as client expands into new markets and HTA proliferates worldwide; the number and complexity of HTA submissions is growing substantially.
- The incumbent will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally with oversight of centralized vendors, mentoring of junior staff and the possibility of line management responsibilities.
- Support national HTA/Access and Reimbursement submission strategy and content development, aimed at strategically aligned, timely, high quality dossiers and responses to payer questions (RTQs)
- Work closely with HTA Project Manager (PM) and country affiliate
- Provide support to affiliates for development of country strategy
- Actively facilitate and participate in strategy meetings; provide cross-country learnings and other insights
- With HTA PM, provide timely documentation and communication of outcome of strategy/key affiliate meetings with appropriate archiving
- Support development of reimbursement submissions including access to data sources, assistance with data interpretation and additional data analyses. Determine needs for HTA writing support per country; define appropriate resource and direct dossier writing with affiliate colleagues
- Review submissions from a content and quality perspective and ensure alignment with agreed-upon strategy and guardrails
- Triage input on submissions from broader team and assist affiliates with addressing comments
- Serve as member of RTQ Team – triage questions with Global Payer Lead and serve as subject matter expert to develop responses as appropriate
- Synthesize learnings from HTA submissions and RTQs to inform broader organization and support future strategy / submissions
- Support payer engagement
- Provide vendor management, including request for proposals, scope of work, invoice reviews and direct review and oversight of deliverables
- Ensure core materials are appropriate to support national HTA submissions (e.g. Global Value Dossier)
- Actively participate as member of HTA CoE Core Team to share key learnings and best practices
- Work cross-functionally to improve and strengthen HTA activities by developing a deep understanding of existing processes, core materials and key interfaces
- Collaborate with key partner functions, including the Economic Modeling Center, functional product leads, Biostatistics, Scientific Affairs, etc.
- Doctorate degree & 1 years of directly related experience
- Master’s degree & 3 years of directly related experience
- Bachelor’s degree & 4 years of directly related experience
Additional experience for a Senior Manager position (2, 6 or 8 years respectively)
- Masters, PharmD or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or related field.
- 1 or more years of experience in global outcomes research including dossier submissions for reimbursement or similar experience.
- Have worked on external dossier submissions with respect to content creation, editing and/or review – ideally HTA /reimbursement dossiers or similar submissions.
- Have worked with customers and colleagues based in different time zones
- Self-motivated and able to advance projects without supervision
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience of drug commercialization process