APPLY DIRECTLY TO - HARISH@PRIMUSSOFT.COM
Job Description: The incumbent will perform geospatial data QA/QC processing tasks that support the overall efforts of the Positive Train Control system and client corporate Enterprise GIS initiative, and going forward will be involved with data attribution quality control associated with planned Engineering Department infrastructure and asset management applications driven by geospatial data. The incumbent will also provide organizational assistance, GIS data manipulation and quality control for the NS Engineering Geospatial Data.
- The incumbent will personally perform and be responsible for the quality control of essential geospatial infrastructure data for company wide use for a variety of critical applications, including the analysis and assembly of geospatial data utilized to create PTC compliant Subdivision Files.
- The incumbent will utilize a variety of GIS software tools to perform topology corrections and make geometric modification as part of the data quality review and acceptance process.
- Assist in the creation, validation, modification, and quality control of essential geospatial infrastructure data for company wide use for a variety of critical applications
- The incumbent will be called upon to work with other involved groups and departments in a collaborative manner to help develop efficient workflows which fully utilize and properly reflect the technical skill sets of the Geospatial Data Group toward the Enterprise GIS goals.
- Demonstrate proficiency of GIS specific software to solve problems and maximize efficiency
- Adopt practical railroad knowledge into a functioning theoretical, digital system
- Work with programmers to build relevant and user accessible GIS tools
- Create informative and accurate maps that assist readers in visualizing the full project scope
- Bachelor’s Degree – required
- Graduate Degree – preferred
- Other relevant major with GIS Certificate
Job Related Experience:
Preferred Level: 2+ years
Skills and Abilities:
- ArcGIS – experience with both spatial and attribute joins; ability to model data using either Model Builder or Python
- Excel – ability to compare data sets - understanding of using/writing formulas, and ideally experience using conditional formatting
- Access – ability to write queries in SQL format to mine information, and experience using joins
- Detail oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Strong initiative