What will you do
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.
As a member of the team you will serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for architecting, implementing, testing and troubleshooting enterprise level converged hospital networks in support of business applications, products and objectives. Design and implement network architectures supporting product deployment scenarios including up to 1000 devices and users in a medical environment. Responsible for developing and presenting recommendations to customers and senior management with the strategic vision of the network deployment. Demonstrate proficiency in L2 and L3 network configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting as well as a strong background in wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n communication.
Ability to lead and mentor team members and interface with product development teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements. Proactively research and evaluate tools and technologies, as appropriate, to the network environment, while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership. Perform network component evaluation and provide recommendations to correct or optimize network performance for Draeger s wired and wireless medical devices.
Who you are Education
- Architect network for large scale deployment in hospital environments
- Understand different deployment conditions and develop strategies for these various network configurations
- Communicate network architecture to senior management and product teams
- Provide guidance and support for customer deployments
- Support problem escalations from the field and R&D
- Support internal application and services groups by identifying their network-related requirements
- Provide in-house wired and wireless network support for R&D and product validation labs
- Develop a test strategy for internal stress testing
- Remain current on networking trends, protocols and devices
- Help Product Management define long term product line strategy in terms of networking requirements
- Advise R&D/PM on future and next generation networking trends
- Formally qualify network switches and configurations
- Formally qualify firewall and configurations for secure network data transmission
- Formally qualify access points and wireless controllers from various vendors for use with Draeger products to maintain a list of those supported for Draeger Sales and Service
- Work with networking vendors as required to resolve any issues found in qualification testing
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
: Minimum of B.S. Computer Science or E.C.E. Master s preferred. Related Experience,
Minimum of 10 years related experience to include:
Special Competencies or Certifications
- Large scale network deployments
- Securing an enterprise network
- Interfacing with hospital networks
- Wireshark wired and wireless (with AirPcap) or other
- Experience developing Wireshark plug-ins a plus.
- Some computer programming experience a plus, as is Cybersecurity experience/Certifications.
- Detailed understanding of network topologies
- Strong background in enterprise networking (L2 and L3) and IP communication, esp. IGMP multicast, TCP/IP
- Strong background in 802.11 wireless installation, communication and troubleshooting
- On-site and remote network troubleshooting
- In-depth familiarity with traffic capture utilities Wireshark/Ethereal (Windows), tcpdump (Linux) or other
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPv4, and IGMP Multicast
- Knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n
- Post-sales support, excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level understanding of DNS, DHCP, routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Performing site surveys for wireless network deployment a plus
- CCNA Wired and/or Wireless a plus
- Cisco Unified Networking Essentials training a plus
- Cisco Boot Camp a plus