Architect / Developer ( Java / J2EE )
Location: Eden Prairie, MN - remote to start and onsite when it becomes safe to return.
Duration: 6+ months contract to hire (, or GConly)
Interview process: Phone and WebEx
Req. # 20-01085
Contact: Brian Anderson, , D. 952-562-4101
You take pride in designing and developing solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. You can bring your passion for innovation to an agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Senior IT Software / Solutions Architect, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work in a fast-paced environment, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work. Complex Health Solutions and Advocacy. Complex Health Solutions supports initiatives geared toward our high insurance utilization members. Advocacy supports a very broad range of initiatives and applications to support our call center advocates or to drive member self-service. What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)? Experience as an architect working closely with various IT and Business partners to develop solutions using modern technology. Experience working on distributed teams and able to be a leader and drive discussions and outcomes in such an environment. Experience with opens-source and cloud technologies preferred. What does the team make-up look like – how many members and what is the break-down of the team's skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)? Roughly 10 individuals - Scrum Master/Systems Analyst, Delivery Lead, 4 Dev, 2 SDETs , Product Owner, Architect Primary Responsibilities:
Create solutions for business problems and process improvements
• Collaborate with the business to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and design and propose innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
• Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity.
• Drive some of the software engineering phases including requirements analysis, architecture & application design
• Plan and strategize with other key leaders including resource, technology and product-services planning
• Support Solution Architects by representing the capabilities and direction of their application and its ability to support the overall solution for a project/program.
• Apply repeatable design patterns, best practices and development frameworks and techniques.
• Ability to question and respectfully challenge the status quo to provide innovative approaches to business problems
Lead and provide technical support
• Attend Agile/SCRUM meetings and follow SCRUM methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through sprints
• Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
• Support the development team by validating that the design of their app is in line with requirements, solution design, guidelines and direction/roadmap.
• Influence peers without authority by inspiring them to use cutting edge tools and build best of the breed solutions
• Influence and increase the productivity of the team
• Triage production support issues post-deployment and drive solutions as required
• Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
• Ensure apps are delivered as designed Collaborate with and promote best practices to partners.
• Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
• Collaborate with quality teams to drive continuous improvement
• Provide learning sessions, brown bags and technical demos to our Optum partners
Research and create Proof-of-Concepts
• Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
• Design and develop innovative solutions using new technologies
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of prior hands-on experience in Java/J2EE programming developing enterprise class Application (including Web, Mobile)
• 5+ years in the software engineering profession across entire SDLC
• Demonstrated success designing and building high-quality commercial software applications
• Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
• Prior experience with API or Web Services Architecture, Design and Development
• Prior experience with XML, XML Schemas, XSLT, XPath, SOAP, REST, JSON, WADL and WSDL, AJAX, HTML5, SQL
• Knowledge of various Open Source Frameworks and other tools including Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Log4J/Commons logging, Maven, Ant
• Prior experience using Eclipse, JBOSS Studio, Rational Application Developer or other similar IDEs
• Quick to learn new technologies and deliver Proof-of-Concept
• Cloud architecture knowledge
• Strong knowledge of web application architecture and network protocols
• Understanding of Micro-services Architecture.
• Good understanding of broad technologies and industry trends.
• Strong knowledge of security protocols and best practices.
• Experience creating Business Area Context Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Roadmaps, Solution Overviews, and other such artifacts Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in the health care and health insurance industry
• Visio or similar design tool knowledge
• Experience with OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
• Ruby on Rails