Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range
$112,300.00 - $185,300.00Target Openings
1What Is the Opportunity?
Collaborative Environment, Transformational Projects, and a Growing Team!
As a member of Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team that is passionate about transforming our business and technology capabilities and paving the way for best-in-class solutions.
As an Architect within the Digital Enablement architecture organization, you will collaborate with senior Technology and Business leaders and apply your knowledge of modern technology to influence and innovate solutions that impact the business. In this role we will look to you to:
- Architect integrations to/from existing systems with our Document Generation, Delivery and Management platforms via APIs and Events.
- Guide API Development following Product Thinking and API First best practices.
- Provide architecture "runway" for engineering teams by running POC/POTs.
- Partnering with value stream/engineering to engage in our technology journey including cloud transformation, framework modernization, and advancing our CI/CD practices
Let us help you accelerate your career as we grow our team and transform our business!What Will You Do?
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Digital Enablement business unit
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
- Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
- Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Software Engineering
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
- Organizational experience in an agile operating model
- Established work in proof of concepts and technology
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Insurance technology experience desired
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
- Hands on experience with document technologies on cloud
What Is in It for You?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit ;/a>.