Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect
Duration: 6+ months (contract-to-hire)
Location: This position can be located in Boston, New York City, Chicago, Charlotte, Seattle/Bellevue, Philadelphia, or San Francisco/Bay Area.
A large public accounting firm is looking for a Modern Workplace Architect to join their technology advisory team.
As a Microsoft Modern Workplace Architect your role will be to lead technical delivery for client digital transformation projects. This is a unique role involving architecting and integrating the latest Microsoft Modern Workplace capabilities to drive significant client value. You will design solution architectures, create technical requirements, and work with highly focused project teams through agile delivery lifecycles. A successful candidate will have a strong background in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform, with a continuous learning mentality to drive client innovation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Drive Microsoft technology strategy and innovation projects for our clients
• Manage projects using agile methodology to develop POC and production ready solutions
• Manage technical project team both onsite and remote to drive project deliverables
• Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
• Experience architecting for the enterprise on Microsoft 365 including distributed architecture design, information architecture scenarios, cost planning and optimization
• Extensive experience with Office 365 with a focus on Teams, SharePoint Online, Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, PowerApps), and Microsoft Graph
• Azure identity management and security experience
• Scripting experience with PowerShell
• Microsoft 365 or Azure Solution Architect certifications a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
• 5 - 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, i.e. digital agency, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.