Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTechs 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelors and Masters degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Architecture/Engineering Team Lead to join our team in Herndon, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Functions as an engineering team lead to include network, infrastructure and systems support across a wide variety of programs, acquisitions, and environments.
- Consult with project team leads to define architectures as aligned with environments and standard configurations deviating as necessary to meet project deliverables.
- Ensure security compliance of various environments align with company and customer guidelines.
- Manage site buildout requirements for IT as related to secure spaces (AV, cabling, data center power, data center cooling)
- Establish priorities and tasks for engineering team members.
- Provide weekly reports on accomplishments
- Create operational and engineering procedures, processes and policies for ensuring team goals are met and measured.
- Understands and measures capacity of all environments managed.
- Manages checklist of routing administration and maintenance activities and certifies completion.
- Manages license renewals and server refresh activities.
- Lead weekly team meetings to best understand progress being made on project activities and adjusts accordingly.
- Provide senior technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to staff to meet business needs.
- Perform hands on support as required to meet task objectives.
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software as required.
- Plan, assess and implement technical projects. Actions include requirements definition, planning, scheduling, creating bill of materials, estimating, implementation and testing.
- Establish and maintain all system documentation.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all systems inventories and architecture/security documentation
- Adhere to corporate operating procedures.
- Establishes continual process improvements for streamlining operations.
- Initiate and plan preventive maintenance schedules.
- Conduct proactive performance monitoring and tuning.
- Manages resources for coverage of critical equipment and coordinates where applicable.
- Manages data center support maintenance and operational activities.
Optional Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of infrastructure engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience managing personnel (network and systems engineers)
- 4+ years of hands on experience with VMWare, vCloud Director, Windows Server and Desktop operating systems in production environments.
- 5+ years with sole responsibility for managing projects and successful outcomes.
- 2+ years networking experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Visio.
- Capable of communications with VP/Director level personnel on project status and execution
- Experience with server, desktop, mobile, and printing technologies.
- Hands on experience with Unix and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking protocols, network devices and firewalls.
- Knowledge of data center operations to include rack/stack, cabling, power and cooling.
- Experience authoring design documents and operations documents.
- Experience developing administrative and management approaches for deployed systems and products.
- Deep understanding of system architecture and deployment methodologies.
- Understanding of DoD and or National Agency IA security policies, controls, and documentation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)Certification
- Microsoft certification
- ITIL certification
- Understanding of virtualization technologies to include: VMware and Citrix.
- Understanding of storage technologies and protocols
- Experience with video conferencing systems (VTC systems, MCUs and bridges and associated technologies).
- Public Cloud experience managing either Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with special compartmentalized information facility buildouts.
Security Clearance is a plus. Must be clearable to TS/SCI
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Serves as a company expert in establishing procedures for the maintenance of data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Monitors and defines the use of resources, and works with management to define requests for information. Provides technical guidance to lesser-experienced systems administrators. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 10 to 12 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work