The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate " slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Area Release Manager will be responsible for implementing and monitoring release processes for the progression of initiatives/workstreams throughout the SDLC (all methodologies). The role is capable of support of DCIO releases based on assignment (moderate complexity), with some guidance, ensuring successful delivery and documentation of issues/risks/production deployment. Responsibilities are broken out by ITIL areas of responsibility.
* Knowledge of all Enterprise Release milestones/checkpoint
* Ensure all documentation stored appropriately
* Manage relationships and coordinate projects between multiple teams in diverse locations
* Clearly understand the scope of the Release by working closely with Portfolio Management, Project Management, Testing and CTS Delivery Leads to track project UIN s, PRB s or INC s in a Release
* Guide delivery teams on creation of Release Advisory Board (RAB exception requests for projects that don t fit in Release guidelines
* Represent Release Management in RAB meetings for projects requesting exception approval
* Track/Monitor/Report release health and identify risks and issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality and provide status (as needed)
* Ensure requesters create and move change records through the approval process in compliance with the Enterprise Change Management guidelines
* Work with other DCIOs in APLT to determine inter-dependencies of projects/changes when projects are added or pulled from a release
* Ensure all deferred defects are logged and tracked
* Monitor, Track and Report on projects for compliance to Enterprise milestones/checkpoints (ex: SCF, HCF, Deployment Completion Status)
* Facilitate Go/No-Go decision for the Release and Communicate to stakeholders
* Document and communicate overall Release Scope and Deployment plan with stakeholders
* Monitor to ensure all change records are identified and deployed within the release (includes monitoring completion of closure code information)
* Ensure proper contact names/phone numbers are available for deployment weekend support
* Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists (if applicable)
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are deployed successfully
* Tracks issues reported during deployment/validation process
Release Post Deployment
* Monitor all release issues through resolution and communicate status during functional release window
* Facilitate completion of Lessons Learned documentation
* Change administration possess the ability to explain the change process to change requesters for which you are responsible be an advocate for your area of responsibility
* Creation of release records in Service Now
* Partner with Project Manager and delivery organizations to ensure completion of risk assessment at appropriate milestones during the SDLC
* Create Service Now reports to monitor owned changes
* Working with others to research, define, document, and implement process improvements to increase release and project health preparedness and readiness
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
* Experience in Technology Project Management
* Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall and/or Agile)
* ITIL knowledge required
* ITIL Certification in Service Transitions (ST) or Release Control and Validation (RCV), preferred
* Experience in Service Now
* Exceptional ability to communicate and correspond effectively with all levels of Leadership, including C-level executives; this is a high-visibility role within the organization
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to present to a diverse audience on a variety of project and release topics
* Ability to lead and facilitate meetings involving a diverse group on a variety of topics
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.