Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Arity R&D is an agile team that drives data collection as well as analysis that results in the development of advanced features. Our objective is to collect, analyze and interpret a rich and diverse set of high-volume telematics data and other contextual data.. Our purpose is to be an industry-leader in the connected car/telematics field. Among other things, you will help us invent intelligent systems that accurately score and predict driving behavior in order to mitigate risk.
Become a part of our story.
At Arity R&D, you’ll find a collaborative and dynamic team that works in a continuous innovation cycle of ideas, research, testing, and analysis. We work collaboratively with both ‘product teams’ and data scientists in support of Arity’s business goals.
- Develop and implement mobile application solutions for Android mobile devices.
- Participate and contribute to all phases of R&D projects, including ideation, design, programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review and deployment planning.
- Participate fully and enthusiastically in ideation and design discussions.
- Research upcoming technology and bring new ideas to the team.
- Provide expertise on current mobile standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partner closely with non-technical staff to define user requirements.
- Advise on best practices for mobile UI, functional, and solution design.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
- 3-5+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for Android phones/tablets.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Experience with responsive web design a plus.
- Proficient in Webservices (REST, SOAP, JSON).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and key management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.).
- Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions.
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video