Army IT Portfolio Management Consultant
Locations: Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
Must have “Secret” security clearance
- Support the Army’s financial management domain in its efforts to achieve strategic and operational transformation.
- Align IT investments to the needs of the agency and the portfolio of services delivered by utilizing a structured, integrated approach to managing information technology investments.
- Ensure alignment of IT investments to the strategic goals of the agency and the Organizational Execution Plan (OEP).
- Enable the reduction of cost by addressing duplicative or unnecessary spending, and identify areas for modernization or sharing of services.
- Develop project deliverables including project charters, requirements specifications, as-is and to-be process maps and narratives, and business cases that support and justify IT capital investments.
- Conduct market research and analyses of solution alternatives, including cost-benefit, risks, issues, feasibility, and schedule.
- Collaborate with the system owners and portfolio management team to advise on enterprise strategy, investment governance approaches, compliance and investment certification packages.
- Provide thought leadership to help clients fundamentally rethink how they do their work in order to dramatically improve customer service and reduce operational costs
- Maintaining strong knowledge of the financial management domain portfolio and the systems capabilities
- Experience in Project/Portfolio Management to align projects, programs and operations to realize the organization strategic goals.
- Experience and proficiency performing intermediate to advanced Excel functions to support portfolio analysis
- Experience identifying issues, options, and desired outcomes and develops a clear picture of the needs and best options to improve the current environment and achieve strategic goals.
- Experience developing holistic, enterprise-level approaches that may require a reimagining of the way IT services are delivered preferred.
- Substantive experience in Department of Defense enterprise information technology governance and portfolio management, OSD Investment Review Board processes and Enterprise Transition Plans. Knowledge of Army systems and business processes desired.
- Solid analytical, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills and history are essential.
- Experience using the Army's Portfolio Management System (APMS) and the DoD IT Portfolio Registry (DITPR) highly desirable.
- DoD/Federal Financial Management knowledge
- Knowledge of the DoD Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) will be helpful.
- Graduate Degree in applicable field (or near completion) preferred.
Alta Via Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, ancestry, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Alta Via welcomes minority and veteran applicants.