Mid-Level Project Analyst
This position requires an ACTIVE Secret level clearance. General Summary:
Seeking a Project Analyst to support the Requirements Builder (RBuilder) system for the Manning Program Executive Group (MM PEG) on-site at the Pentagon. Monitors various aspects of the system to include project tasks, provide user training, help-desk support, and risks. Acts as the "face" of the system and company to the client. Ideal candidate would also have a military background to include proven ability to interact with military/government clients and senior leadership of the military.
Provides functional advice on projects or tasks that are highly complex. Applies expertise to the development, maintenance, execution, and improvements of action plans. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies. Known as a Subject Matter Expert in the technical field or area.Knowledge:
Contributes to high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of technical and administrative skills. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes. May lead a small team of capable technical/functional staff members and advises/mentors developing technical/functional staff, does not have direct management responsibilities. Problem Solving:
Utilize creative problem-solving and communication - oral and written skills, emphasizing the ability to articulate, explain, and deliver technical concepts and issues to non-technical business leadership. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Consults with and advises other personnel regarding areas of expertise.Discretion:
Works under limited management supervision from ASM. Generally takes direction from government personnel on-site. Must represent ASM in front of Government client at all times.Impact:
Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.Liaison:
This individual must be able to work closely with Government civilians from GS-09 to SES level as well as military soldiers up to the General Officer level. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates with government client and outside personnel to discuss project status and issues. Gathers feedback and recommendations for management and updates client on status of these recommendations.
- Establishes needed processes, governance structures, performance metrics and reporting.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant projects.
- Understands characteristics of requirements. Supports obtaining stakeholder commitments to requirements to include identifying, involving, and documenting stakeholder involvement and decisions.
- Elicits customer needs and captures them into requirements that meet project standards.
- Provides production support by checking system performance and responding to assigned user questions and queries.
- Provides system training to multiple Army personnel and civilians in a classroom setting and/or on a one-on-one basis when needed.
- Provides Tier 1 help desk support to government system users
- Responsible for knowing when to escalate an incident, resolves advanced questions to problems associated with account administration, system navigation/functionality, access and FAQs.
- Contributes to the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation for help desk use.
- Excellent communications skills in working with technical and non-technical staff and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization and with customers.
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Organized, with ability to pay attention to details
- Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Experience interfacing with government customers to understand, interpret and analyze requirements. Experience with government contracts is desired
- Must be capable of working in an environment that is demanding, sometimes stressful, and requires independent thinking, sometimes without direct oversight by management.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have strong MS Office, to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Military experience as a Sr NCO or Jr Officer is highly desirable. Experience in working under a DOD contract is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in the Army's Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE) process, specifically the Army's Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process.
- Ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include WORD, EXCEL, and POWER POINT.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Process oriented, conceptually driven and possess the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively in a highly technical setting.
- Proven ability to develop and extend social network of working level contacts to facilitate behind the scenes coordination.
- Ideal candidate must be capable of working in an environment that is demanding, sometimes stressful and requires independent thinking, problem resolution and responsible actions with minimal direct oversight by senior management.
- The employee must possess analytical skills to discern impact to baseline changes/upgrades. In addition, the candidate will have a strong Customer service background with the ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to interact with customers, senior leadership and program managers in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must possess a current Secret security clearance or higher.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.