The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization - the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments - at the local, state, national and international levels - serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
Overview of Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) at Pew takes a proactive approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization's capacity for exceptionally high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at Pew recognizes the importance of technology, and supports related initiatives to advance the institution's goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying leading-edge technology to the pursuit of the goals of the institution.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including strategic alignment of technology with the business, the evaluation and acquisition of software and hardware, implementation new systems and data repositories, and providing support for the extended network, desktop computer hardware, and software applications.
The Associate, Technology Support is responsible for providing technical support to staff at all levels within Pew and the Pew Research Center. The position is a member of the desktop support team within the Infrastructure Operations group, which manages all technology infrastructure, desktops and cyber security. The Associate requires specialized knowledge in desktop support, including Pew's desktop programs and operating systems and conversance with wireless technology and endpoint security as they related to remote and onsite troubleshooting the desktop user experience.
The Associate, Technology Support has no direct management responsibility, but is expected to contribute to the mentoring and professional development of junior staff within the desktop support team. The Associate reports to the Manager, Desktop Support.
* Provide desktop and technical support to staff at all levels within the Pew Research Center and Pew.
* Participation in on-call for IT-related needs beyond normal business hours where appropriate.
* Coordinate technical solutions across all IT units.
* Serve as point of ownership for technical issues and tickets on the desktop support team for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support issues.
* Document changes to production desktop and hand-held devices, according to defined process.
* Provide exemplary customer service to the organization.
* Create knowledge articles and other documentation for both technical and non-technical users.
* Support relevant employee education and training.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Minimum of one year or more experience in desktop support demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and technical expertise in a corporate enterprise environment of 1000 end-users or greater.
* Preferred technical requirements include: Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) for Windows 7, 8 or 10 and Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ certifications.
* Experience with LANDesk or similar desktop management system.
* Experience with Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and XenMobile systems.
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
* Exposure to user administration in telephony systems.
* Demonstrated experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting enterprise and personal desktop and laptop computers, personal productivity devices, and business applications.
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems and their related remote access.
* Knowledge of macOS (OS X) operating systems and related remote access.
* Experience with iOS (i.e., iPhones and iPads) support. Working knowledge of Android and other mobile operating systems is a plus.
* Familiarity with user management tools, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, File, Print, DHCP and DNS.
* Application-support expertise with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and SharePoint 2013.
* Knowledgeable in the management of anti-virus applications, including understanding of best practices in user security.
* Keen ability to identify, isolate, document and resolve technical problems.
* Strong customer-service orientation and high level of enthusiasm. Able to build and maintain strong relationships. Confident and able to quickly establish credibility.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical problems in layman's language.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment, with the capacity to set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Occasional travel required between Pew's offices. Minimal additional travel required to attend trainings, seminars or conferences.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.