Client Project Description
This project was created to achieve two main objectives. The first, to rewrite the application on a tech stack that is supported within our organization which would allow us to scale and support this application into the future. The application was previously written in Ruby and has been rewritten in NodeJS and VueJS. The second objective was to build a clean UI that allowed users to move away from an excel export. The application would also allow users to add new programs and make changes to existing program configurations without having to make a request to the IT team.
We are nearing the end of the first release which will deliver the application to our stakeholders that provides them with the same output that the legacy application provides, a UI for the data, a configuration page, and role-based privileges. The next release of the application will focus on new functionality called What-If, which will users to create mock run scenarios based on changes to certain criteria to existing orders and to see how these changes impact other orders. The What If functionality will be split into two deliverables, both will be delivered before the end of the year.
About the application:
The ATM (Available to Make) tool is a utility that helps analyze material readiness for various types of demand - customer orders, WIP discrete jobs and forecast. ATM is a custom application used by order managers to calculate certain critical dates for customer orders. The critical piece of information in the ATM report is the "Estimated Material Availability Date" - the date when all material required for an order is expected to be in the warehouse and ready to send into the lab. ATM = Inventory + Supply - Demand
About this role:
The person in this role will help us ensure that the new application has been developed in a manner that allows for optimal performance and scalability. This person will help to identify gaps in the application that can be refactored if needed. This person will work with the other developers on the team to implement new features and functionality into the application that will help reduce business pain points and provide clarity to the ATM logic (I+S-D). This person will also pair with the other developers on the team to help build their skillsets within the tech stack.
• Learn and understand client's business processes
• Follow Agile development methodology and participate in Agile ceremonies along with the team.
• Participate in the on-going development and support of existing IT Material Planning applications
• Participate in strategic projects that improve operational efficiency across client's Global Supply Chain organization
• Work closely with other developers and analysts to ensure development meets requirements and delivers optimal performance to our end users.
• Collaborate with Product Owner and technical partners to scope the opportunities, identify constraints, and help mitigate risks.
• Develop simple to complex programs on supported database technologies and programming platform.
• Testing the end-to-end solution to ensure complete satisfaction of internal and external users
• Bachelors preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
• 2-5 years of full stack web development experience
• Experience with Java or Grails, Node.js and Vue.js is required
• Familiar with data sources such as Oracle and MongoDB
• SQL, PL/SQL and relational database experience
• Knowledge of Supply Chain services, strategy and processes is a plus
• Oracle EBS experience is a plus
• SOA CS experience is a plus
• Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end and regression testing.
• Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
• Ability to enjoy collaboration, with a preference for face-to-face communication.
• Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, and continuous learning
• Ability to be innovative, have outside-the-box creativity, and present alternative ideas
Please reply with current resume copy and contact information to: