Do you love taking initiative and solving complex problems? Do you spend a lot of your time on your phone purchasing items and using apps? comScore, a leading technology firm that provides big data to the entertainment industry, is currently seeking an Associate Data Analyst on our telecom team to help our telecom clients understand how their customers use the internet and other forms of media.
This position can be based in Reston, VA or Boston, Ma.
In this position, you will grow technically, learning a mix of technical and analytical skills to advance your career. You will learn how to solve data problems across teams to drive comScores solutions forward. You will work with an energetic team with a wide range of skills and learn from your colleagues every day.
* Translating questions and problems from clients into an analysis and solutions.
* Successfully coordinating between multiple internal teams to create and fully realize a new product or suite of reports.
* Build custom solutions to meet market needs for measurement that help clients solve new problems and better understand audiences and their advertising efforts.
* Utilizing current industry trends in-order-to create new analyses and products that are useful to clients.
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
* Internship experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
* Experience with SQL or knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
* Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment.
* Must have excellent English verbal and written capabilities as well as computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience.
* Experience with Unix Operating Systems and Bash Scripting
* Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumer's multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Department: Data Analytics, Research & Product Operations