UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work(sm).
As an Associate Data Engineer
, you will work collaboratively with a team working to create innovative solutions and solve complex problems including MicroStrategy mobile.
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Primary Responsibilities:
- MicroStrategy Report and Advance Analytics Developer
- SQL Report Developer
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Motivates and inspires other team members. Demonstrate critical thinking, facilitating a team approach to solve strategic and technical challenges
- Drive the on-time completion of deliverables using effective interpersonal influence, collaboration, communication and listening skills
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues, defects, ability to analyze data and to present analysis in a usable format by business users
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of MicroStrategy Application Development
- 1+ years of MicroStrategy Report Development
- 1+ years of MicroStrategy Advance Analytics
- 2+ years of working with SQL and Relational Database Management Systems
- Ability to build and maintain MicroStrategy schema objects (attributes, facts, hierarchies, tables, views)
- Build Cubes/Datasets - understand VLDB settings, view filters, dynamic date options
- Understand how MSTR generates SQL - validate against database
- Design with performance in mind
- Create solutions from either architected or free-form SQL solutions
- Ability to build and maintain MicroStrategy application objects (metrics, filters, templates, reports, dashboards)
- MicroStrategy Dossiers/Dashboard/Document
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or review MicroStrategy technical designs based on functional requirements
- Working experience in Data Warehouse projects
- Understanding of Dimensional models, Star or Snowflake schema, etc.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation
- Creating advance report functionalities (level metrics, consolidations, custom groups, free-form SQL reports, pass-through functions)
- MicroStrategy Mobile Development
- Knowledge of Data integration
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords:
UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Medicare & Retirement, SQL, MicroStrategy, application development, Relational Database Management Systems, data warehouse, data integration, mobile development, Horsham, PA, hiring immediately, #RPO