Associate Data Platform Engineer III (Job Number:
2114959 ) Data Platform Engineer (ID: 2114959)
What You Will Be Doing:
Our Data Platform Engineer works closely with various teams such as Development, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Support and will support our Digital Data Platforms. Individuals in this role use their application, system, and networking knowledge to help design and deploy reliable, scalable, and cost-effective systems that meet business and technical needs. We seek solutions that reduce the time and complexity of system maintenance while increasing security, reliability, and capability.
The Data Platform engineer will provide solutions and infrastructure in the area of Business Intelligence, AI/ML Ops, IoT, Data Integrations, Data Services, Self-service Analytics, and Data-driven Digital products on the Cloud.
Ideal candidates will know core Java applications. Familiarity with Linux and open-source configuration management, deployment tools, and scripting are also required.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA, or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Penske Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Product Owners, R&D leads, vendors, and customers to ensure DevOps solutions address business and user needs
- Develops, analyzes, and maintains tools that support and automate hardware or software product release processes.
- Writes installation scripts and programs for the installation of products and their associated environments
- Works with project teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiates the build and packaging process - or assists in automating the build and deployment process in pursuit of CI/CD
- Compiles and assembles software from source code
- Ensures tools are stored in source control
- Supports developers for software package registry and delivery
- Works with others to complete analysis, evaluations, and design alternatives and to implement process improvements
- Works with development engineers to correct build errors
- Implements and supports technology stack for Engineering teams to leverage continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) approach for product delivery
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure cost-effectiveness, and optimum levels of performance, availability, stability, security, and recoverability
- Performs and automates system and application-related maintenance tasks
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems, solutions, guidelines, and processes
- Provides information to senior members on the utilization of assets, services, and processes
- Operates as a resource to less experienced DevOps team members, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings
- Participates in an on-call rotation to minimize business impact from performance issues and system outages that are escalated internally to the DevOps team
- Ensure that Penske Data Platforms are on the latest technology stack as per the business needs
- support development related to significant data platform initiatives for the enterprise
Bonus Points for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of enterprise-scale IT and Network operations experience
- 5 years of hands-on experience with AWS and/or Azure
- BOSH/Kubernetes/ Terraform/ Ansible
- Proficient in deployment and management of AWS services - including but not limited to VPC, Route 53, ELB, IAM, EC2, S3
- Knowledge and experience working with networking components, protocols, and security (e.g., subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.)
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of Linux
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, HyperV)
- Expertise in automation of provisioning, installation, configuration, and upgrade tasks using PowerShell and at least one other common scripting language (Python, Ruby, VBScript, etc.)
- Familiarity with traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three-tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to be on call 24x7 under reasonable circumstances and schedule
- Previous experience with Lift/Shift of on-premises enterprise applications into the Cloud is a plus.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate and AWS Developer Associate Certification(s)
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar large-scale analytics platforms
- Experience with Containers and Kubernetes
- Kafka experience
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607 Primary Location
: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PTL.Data Platform Engineer I Req ID: