If you have experience as a hands-on manager and leader of Cloud Engineering teams, this could be a great opportunity to further your career with a leading global broadcast media and entertainment client!
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in Phoenix, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and Morro Bay. This is a salaried position that offers full time and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and a passion for continuous improvement. Enterprise IT, media and/or broadcast experience are a huge plus. We are looking for a self-starter that can identify and solve problems early on and help maintain a positive and support a positive work culture for all members of the team.
- Manage the design, build and management/maintenance of cloud infrastructure and standards
- Create and update documentation to facilitate cross-training and troubleshooting
- Help recruit and retain amazing Cloud Engineering talent
- Keep Cloud Engineering team aligned with the business and development teams
- Maintain a positive and supportive work culture
- Mentor less senior members of the team
- Serve as a point of escalation for Cloud Engineering-related issues
- A proven track record of leading and developing technical teams
- Lead 10+ direct reports in the software engineering and cloud space
- 5+ years experience of software development in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years experience working with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years experience working with automation/config management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- 3+ years experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, New Relic, Splunk, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's Degree is Preferred
- Software development with Python, Java, Go, .Net
- Git and pull requests
- Jenkins or comparable deployment automation
- ServiceNow / change control
- Building and distributing software libraries/SDKs
- Configuration management (Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks