The Associate Director, Data Integration and Analytics is responsible for architecting, implementing and supporting data integration, data quality, and data management within the business intelligence and analytics platforms. The incumbent is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and availability of data within different analytics platform as well as managing different data sources and integration including data stores, data marts, data warehouse and data lake environments as per business needs.
The Associate Director will manage and monitor all University Data Store (UDS) database operations, including all production and non-production environments. The Associate Director will act as a solution architect, leader and mentor to a team of data integration developers. The incumbent will partner closely with the Associate Director, Business Intelligence and Reporting to provide robust end to end solutions that meet the needs of our customers. The position requires a strong understanding of data integration methods and strategy as well as possess a proven ability to cultivate and maintain client relationships.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and mentors the Data Integration and Analytics team to implement best practices in BI and ETL (e.g., data warehouse, analytics and application architecture best practices, ITIL, Change management, SDLC, DevOps, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management, coding standards, etc.). Responsibilities include data moving into the data stores/marts as well as feeds out of the data stores/marts.
- Oversees and ensures data store and data mart refresh processes are executed on schedule and successfully. Proactively monitors batch processes to prevent unexpected downtimes, addresses batch issues as they arise, collaborates with DevOps team members to troubleshoot system errors and communicates delays to user community as needed.
- Manages data architects and senior developers to define a strategy around the data warehouse, data marts, data lake, etc. Mentors and collaborates with members of the team and senior leadership to develop a long-term strategy for data integration and management.
- Partners with customers, BI team members, DBA's, etc., to create project plans, estimates and resource schedules
- Works closely with team members, internal customers, suppliers, DBAs, Deployment team and Infrastructure team to design, test, implement and support data management and ETL solutions
- Acts as a solution architect and designer for non-routine projects.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to members of the team. Provide timely positive and constructive feedback to the team and fosters a creative, innovative and enjoyable workplace.
- Oversees production support activities, including monitoring and reporting of metrics associated with performance (i.e. load times, Incidents, Service Requests, CRs, etc.)
- Ensure supported systems are kept up to date with recommended patches and security updates; coordinates with DevOps team to maintain certificates and licenses are up to date
- Develop and ensure compliance with policies that protect sensitive data or personally identifiable information throughout the entire data ETL lifecycle. Ensure proper controls are in place to prevent unauthorized access to institutional data.
- Develop/Maintain/Support new and existing data flows from multiple source systems
- Understand the data architecture and design of key source systems such as PeopleSoft Financial, HR, Student Information Systems (SIS), PowerFaids (PF), and other student/faculty databases supported by EBIS
- Oversees proper code management, version control and migration of changes through the system landscape
- Performs R&D on new tools and technologies to augment current data architecture.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 7-9 years work related experience managing data integration teams.
- Strong experience in managing large enterprise data warehouse solution through full applications systems development lifecycle
- Proficient in SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS) ? or, one of the leading enterprise ETL tools, such as Informatica PowerCenter, Microsoft SSIS, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Pentaho or Talend ? for designing and development ETL solutions
- Strong data integration experience using different techniques such as ETL, ELT and API
- Prior experience managing small to mid-sized teams in a dynamic BI environment
- Proven ability to plan and manage internal projects and schedule resources using rapid waterfall and agile techniques
- Strong RDBMS experience using Stored Procedures with Oracle (PL/SQL) and/or SSQL Server
- Data modeling experience, preferably with star-schema designs (6+ years preferred)
- Experience working with data from one or more of the following: PeopleSoft - Campus Solutions, Student Administration data; HR data, GL, research management, budget and/or procurement data (6+ years preferred)
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. Self-starter, proactive, and good team player.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively to persons at all levels of the organization (executives, peers, developers, customers)
- Experience managing large scale projects and the ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail is essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work
- Knowledge of big data tools and architectures a plus (i.e. Hadoop, Data Lakes).
- Experience in Version Control tools, such as SVN, GIT or a similar enterprise version control software
- Exposure to Process Control Tools such as Service Now, Jira or a similar enterprise process control software
- Experience using SAP Data Integrator
- Experience with analytics tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Qlick and others)
- Embarcadero ER Studio
- Knowledge of Data Cookbook
- Experience with Oracle's Materialize Views
- Experience with UC4 scheduler or equivalent
- Experience in Higher Education
- Knowledge in Perl, C or Python to create ETL solutions
- Knowledge in SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports
- Knowledge in emerging technologies, such as Big Data, Cloud computing (AWS or Azure)
- Experience in agile software development methodology
615 W 131st ST. 5th Fl New York, NY, 10027