The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.
The Communication Architectures Department (CAD) performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of terrestrial, satellite, launch vehicle, and ground-based systems. CAD also guides the development of spectrum regulations and policies to assure critical wireless systems have access to necessary spectrum resources. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provide leadership, planning, and direction of technical staff and operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Maintain Communication Architectures Department (CAD) focus on communication architecture and spectrum engineering and provide coordinated positions on key issues
- Assist the Department Director in project management, staff development including succession planning and mentoring, and department management
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to the department in the achievement of department, division, and corporate goals, enhancing technical staff skills, expanding capabilities of labs, and cultivating customer engagements
- Interface with program offices, define tasks and schedules, build technical teams, and manage those teams
- Assist in acquiring and executing new business activities
- Provide communication architecting and spectrum engineering expertise for DoD, Civil, Commercial, and IC customers
- Anticipate customer's future needs, understand their problems, and develop novel solutions
- Represent spectrum management concerns, leveraging the department's National ETG expertise
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related STEM discipline
- Minimum of 12-years of relevant experience in one or more of the following: Communication system analysis, spectrum engineering, architectures, wireless communications or network design
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation)
- A demonstrated track record of technical leadership and delivering results
- Must have an active U.S. Government issued Top Secret/SCI security clearance
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Masters or PhD degree from an accredited program in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Working knowledge of SMC and NRO programs
- Management or technical leadership experience
- Experience with federal acquisitions and documentation
- Knowledge of commercial satellite systems
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote staff
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .