Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
The DTCC Associate Director Software Engineering applies broad and deep technical knowledge in order to manage geographically dispersed teams to deliver exceptional standards in product quality and timely, predictable delivery of projects. The Associate Director Software Engineering will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure processes and staff skills align with technology strategy. This means participating from the very early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems, to propose solutions that solve the business' problems. This involves working with product leadership teams to lead product and technology roadmap, contribute to making well-informed solution and improvement recommendations, define process best practice and drive team to meet financial and product success. This position provides leadership and guidance to teams and the business through all phases of projects, including post-deployment support for adoption by users. This means assisting in the development of, and analyzing business processes, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, and service introduction to clients. The Associate Director Software Engineering must possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, with ability to manage performance of staff as well as team morale. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions to manage risks to project success and teams ability to successfully perform their duties. Your Primary Responsibilities :
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Demonstrated leadership of technology teams, driving continuous process improvement
- Managing conflicting priorities and coordinating team to ensure critical priorities met
- Translates organization, and defines product, best practice for processes to do with software delivery into production, including selection of tools to be used
- Manages aspects of team financial planning including employee related purchases
- Manages all aspects of employee engagement; hiring, training and performance management
- Assists in technology selection decisions; assist in managing technology risk for the project team
- Translates strategy into clear and actionable expectations, driving execution of strategy
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban), supports, mentors and coaches team in process best practices of chosen methodology
- Documentation - develops and maintains system and process documentation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by through continuing education; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and industry groups
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements
- Drives roll out standards and policies to team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Effectively manages individual and team performance and maintains high standards for team members
- Establishes standard and role clarity for delivery high quality internal and external client experience
- Support team in managing client
- Implements processes for monitoring client satisfaction
- Ensures own and team's practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Talents Needed For Success:
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
- Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others' expertise and considering others' feelings and working styles.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in software engineering or technology environment
- 4+ years management experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.