Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS is seeking multiple Embedded Software Engineers to be responsible for the design, development and integration of real time embedded software as well as Software Engineers for application software development.
The work will involve design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software. Selected individuals will need to interface with other business disciplines such as: systems engineering to develop software requirements and technical specifications, hardware engineering to support integration efforts, and program management to discuss technical program issues. The selected individuals will need to track defects, develop resolutions and report technical status. They will also need to develop and execute unit-level and product verification test plans, and track and report test status. Additionally, the selected individuals will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents. The responsibilities include active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews and other reviews, as required.
The selected individuals will actively participate in technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end to end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a small team environment.
This position is located in Hollywood, MD. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline.
- Experience working in C/C++, C# or other high order languages
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software or application software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
- Candidates must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance Preferred Qualifications:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or higher)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.