Title: Associate IT Analyst Lead
Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Experience: 6+ Years
Under the direction of the VP, Global Delivery, the IT Support Analyst is responsible for the continuous management of the desktop computer environment. This role will work closely with various IT groups in the development, Sales, and evolution of the desktop computer environment and associated supporting toolset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Desktop support and troubleshooting skills on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Install selected software and hardware products for new employees for remote work.
- Prepares and deploys desktop, printer, and laptop systems for new and existing staff.
- Manages technology to include, workstations, servers, software, peripheral devices, phone systems, printers.
- Assist in the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s desktop infrastructure environments including image creation, installation, upgrades, high-level troubleshooting, patching, and software deployment.
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management capabilities.
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Conduct Windows Readiness and Compatibility Assessment of hardware, software, and infrastructure environment.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
Write documentation, installation procedures, checklists, troubleshooting tips, and topology diagrams.
- Develop Windows Base Images, crafting the operating system and GPO settings so that they integrate with all enterprise
- Create and maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for image management.
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services.
- Work within the change management process to coordinate the release of new software packages.
- Open and follow-up on critical incidents with the hardware vendors in the event of a problem relating to a supported hardware platform.
- Conduct QA testing of images before they are pushed to production.
- Provide 3rd level support to the Help Desk and field support teams via the resolution of escalated application, operating system, deployment, and hardware issues.
- Participate in multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop processes to increase efficiency and automate regular maintenance of support actions.
- Deploy software for service packs or emergency security patches.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Manage various IT tools including AV, O365, Zoom, Teams, Cisco WebEx, JIRA Service Desk, Jira, Confluence, ownCloud, Virus Scan, Adobe, Sophos, Microsoft, Dropbox, Mobile devices, etc.
- Define and implement inventory, asset management, and tracking process.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Education/ Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience, including at least 5 years specializing in Windows desktop, and Microsoft technologies.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with OS imaging, maintenance, and deployment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted instead of an educational requirement.
- Extensive knowledge of the ManageEngine Desktop Central, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Microsoft System Center suite of products (SCCM).
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Forest/Domain design/deployment.
- Extensive understanding of networking (LAN, WAN, VPN), DNS & DHCP, ADFS, and PKI and protocols (TCP/IP).
- Experience in working with formal, enterprise-grade Patch Management and Change Control Systems.
- Strong experience with systems analysis and functional design.
- Ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients as well as third-party service/product providers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical professionals, and a basic understanding of system architecture and software architecture.
- Ability to research and recommend innovatively, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Ability to contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Familiar with endpoint encryption solutions like Bitlocker.
- Ability to support other mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Knowledge of O365, Azure AD, and other cloud technologies.
- Good to have the following certificates
- MCSE Certification
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- CompTIA A+
- HDI-Desktop Support Technician
- Experience with supporting Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Experience with supporting SQL Server 2017 and 2019
- Experience with configuring and updating network equipment
- Experience with configuring server equipment like DELL, HP, SuperMicro, etc…
Nice to Have
- Windows Server
- Exchange Server
- Cisco IOS