Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
The Associate MMIC RFIC Design Engineer position supports Northrop Grumman's MMIC and RFIC product development. You will be joining an industry leading, technically broad, foundry independent design team generating products for cutting edge systems and applications. Northrop Grumman is searching for candidates with interest in RF integrated circuit design. The candidate will build upon their previous RF or microwave circuit design experience to perform RF/microwave highly integrated circuit design, including schematic capture, schematic simulation, circuit layout, electro-magnetic simulation, physical verification (DRC and LVS), and device test and characterization.
Typical designs include:
- Low noise amplifiers (LNA)
- Power amplifiers (PA)
- Mixers, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, and vector modulators for radar system applications
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with design, packaging, test, and troubleshooting of RF/microwave circuits. Candidate should have experience working in a team environment and have the ability to lead others. Technologies will include GaAs, GaN, InP, SiGe, and superconducting electronics. Design experience in SiGe technologies is a plus.
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with 2 years' experience; Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent in RF/Microwave, MMIC, or RFIC design with 0 years' experience
- Familiarity with microwave design tools (ADS/Momentum, AWR Microwave Office, Cadence Virtuoso).
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance per business requirements. U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Previous experience with RF/microwave circuit design
- Proficiency with Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre RF
- Previous experience with ADS suite of tools including Momentum, HFSS, Mentor Calibre verification tools, and AWR Microwave Office.
- Experience designing in SiGe technologies is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.