Associate Product Manager (APM) at VerticaJob Description:About the Team
Vertica is focused on changing how the world uses data. The Product Management team is committed to expanding our community, working cross-functionally, helping solve difficult problems and ask the hard questions to focus on growing the Vertica business.The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse, and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a positive outlook and "get it done" attitude.About the Role
Associate Product Managers on the teamwork side-by-side with R&D, UX design, QA, Documentation, Support, Education, Solution Architecture, and Sales to build features that solve user pain points and that work for the business.
About our product
- Own the product requirements for a specific area of the roadmap and features planned for a release.
- Conduct market research, analyze trends, data, and develop product roadmap forkey new features.
- Conduct user and customer research to develop business cases for new features.
- Work closely with UI/UX, Documentation, R&D, and support teams to create the best user experience.
- Work with our customers and engineering teams to develop differentiated and compelling features that continue our market leadership position.
- Build KPIsto perform quantitative analysis on features' performance.
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data-driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte-scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride! Required skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and leadership skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to utilize user insights and data analysis to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Resourceful and innovative
- Technology background
- SQL and d atabase knowledge
- 2-5 years of work experience (Product Management not required)
- Bachelors or Masters degree
MarketingMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status