Do you want to use your skills and talent to make a meaningful impact on healthcare? Wolters Kluwer Health is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology organization working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of clinicians, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced solutions that tackle some of the most challenging problems in our healthcare system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the role of Product Software Engineer. Reporting into Clinical Effectiveness' Director of Engineering, you will begin your career in an Engineering team that will give you a fast-paced and varied opportunity to contribute, learn best practices, and quickly appreciate the many opportunities and directions for software engineering.
You will immediately get exposure to a variety of our products, development teams, tools, and processes. You will gain experience in at least several disciplines, among them: front-end development, back-end development, full stack development, API development, mobile, data analysis, and automated testing. The Product Software Engineer will gain an understanding of our products by supporting and troubleshooting the applications, and participating in the creation of new functionality.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, and other team members to gain a comprehensive understanding of new and existing products and features
- Maintain, enhance, and extend customer facing applications
- Leverage your self-starter instincts and capabilities to discover opportunities to contribute to development activities.
- Triage, troubleshoot, quantify, and resolve Level 3 incidents and work with the Customer Support, Development, Project Management, and Product Management organizations.
- Recognize patterns of issues and potential root causes, and advocate for investigation and/or holistic fixes
- Examine operational activities and technology debt scenarios that would benefit from new ideas or automation to reduce toil that results in inefficiency and errors. Advocate for approaches that drive quality and productivity
- Operate within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies in software development
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
Experience & Characteristics:
- Internships, summer work, school projects are acceptable experience.
- Technical creativity
- Committed, engaged, self-motivated, decisive, adaptable
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with an ability to build positive working relationships
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology, including but not limited to:
- Exposure to technologies such as:HTML, CSS, Objective-C, OOD,Docker, JSON, REST APIs, MongoDB, AngularJS, ExpressJS, NodeJS, React
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL and Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, R, NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with SDLC tools like Jira, GIT, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, Gradle is a plus
- Experience with API design and REST principles is a plus