Associate Project Engineer -- End User Compute Specialist Why WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 7,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past nine years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for an Associate Project Engineer. Why should you join the Integration Technology Center team?
WWT's Integration Technology Center teams work in a climate-controlled production environment with advanced networking, secure remote access, and certified procedures specifically designed for staging, kitting and configuring the latest advanced technology solutions. The team consists of certified engineers with logistical and technical expertise to help reduce the risk, cost and complexity of IT deployments. RESPONSIBILITIES:
An Associate Project Engineer's responsibility will be to work very closely with the Project Engineer on the following:
- Assist in the execution of technology solutions per specifications and/or configuration instructions utilizing both industry and WWT best practices.
- Assist in the troubleshooting process for defective devices, logical issues, or systematic errors on a wide range of technologies.
- Communicate project status to both internal and external stakeholders on a continuous basis.
- Capture QC photos and records and perform QC checks to validate physical and logical configuration requirements.
- Perform base configurations to support the layer 1 and layer 2 connections for project infrastructure setup.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
- Associates Degree (Technical) or 2 years of equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with route/switch, wireless, voice, security, and storage solutions
- Ability to take instruction and independently execute on the directives.
- Ability to read engineering drawings (network designs documents)
- Knowledge of a broad range of network infrastructure cable types and best practices.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Technical certifications a plus
- Some travel may be required
- OS Administration including Windows and Linux
- End user compute experience -- support for standard and low complexity operating system deployments, application installs, domain joins, and network booting
- Hardware support, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Technical writing experience.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled. WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.