As an Associate Information Systems Engineer, you'll be engaged in a dynamic, DevOps culture where you'll collaborate with business partners and application developers to provide application and platform support and innovate automation, monitoring, and reporting solutions.
What you'll do:
• Provide 24x7 support for Schwab.com applications
• Triage, troubleshoot, and identify root cause of application and system issues in production
• Leverage existing tools and help develop new tools and requirements to improve mean time to restoration and time to root cause identification
• Collaborate with business partners and development teams to identify root cause, prioritize resolution, and identify backlog items for quality improvements
• Develop and improve existing monitoring and alerting systems with a focus on proactive issue detection and automated recovery
• Coordinate infrastructure maintenance activities, such as Disaster Recovery tests, OS currency, certificate renewals, etc.
• Participate in an on-call rotation What you are good at
This full time role is a part of the nine-month NERD (New Employee Recruitment and Development) program that blends on-the-job experience with an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services for new college graduates. NERDs have a host manager, a mentor, a buddy, a coach, and others who are dedicated to their success.
What you will get out of the program:
What you have
- Professional Growth - Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience - Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing - Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities - Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching - One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership - Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction - Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program graduating within the next year or completed degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline.
- a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with coworkers and business partners. Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2012/2016 operating systems, SQL, IIS. General knowledge of Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, Powershell and Server administration. Scripting experience (strongly desired)
- Experience supporting a multi domain web platform, IIS, .NET applications.
- Experience with a software development IDE such as Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Conceptual understanding and/or working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems are a plus
- Experience using Splunk Enterprise, monitoring and analyzing IT systems, website and application environments. Building operational and business metric dashboards and reports.
- Experience using Keynote and Gomez monitoring website performance and availability (Strongly desired)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations