Our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with a growing global team spanning three continents: Asia, Europe, and North America. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
Being one of the oldest companies in the PC-based CAD/CAM industry, our longevity is fueled by our culture of caring for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then Mastercam may just be the place you have been looking for.
This position is for a servant leadership position as an Associate Scrum Master, which will split time between two of CNC Software’s development teams. The Associate Scrum Master will be responsible for facilitating Scrum meetings and ceremonies, encouraging communication between team members and teams, ensuring adherence to CNC’s Scrum process, removing team impediments, coaching their teams towards continual improvement, and helping with any Scrum-specific activities at CNC. They will be expected to be role models in the areas of process engineering, coaching, facilitation, and communication. We will be looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, leaders, and are driven to help others, both inside and outside their teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Facilitation: Each Scrum Master is responsible for maintaining adherence to the Scrum process on their respective teams. This includes, but is not limited to, enforcement of team rules, enforcement of company process rules, helping to maintain product & sprint backlogs, ensuring all project objectives are understood by the team, and enforcement of any time tracking policies in place.
- Meeting Facilitation: Each Scrum Master will be responsible for the facilitation of all team Scrum meetings. Should they be unable to facilitate for some reason (i.e., PTO, scheduling conflict, etc.), they will be responsible for finding a replacement. These meetings include Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Communication: Each Scrum Master is expected to serve as the liaison between Product Owner, Development Team, and Management to ensure all targets and requirements are met. They are also expected to help facilitate open, clear, and free-flowing communication between all parties inside and outside of their given team.
- Impediment Removal: Each Scrum Master is responsible for being the primary contact for impediment removal on their team. These efforts include, but are not limited to, team distractions, logistical issues, communications issues, team or personnel conflicts, or process questions & clarifications.
- Process Efficiency: Each Scrum Master is responsible for constantly looking for ways to improve quality, efficiency, agility, and resiliency of our Scrum process, at both a team and a company level.
- Team Health: Each Scrum Master is responsible for staying up-to-date on the health of their team. This involves understanding what’s going on inside the team, what the state of their morale is, and what they’re trying to do to improve the team. This also includes coaching them through issues when they occur.
- Professional Development: Each Scrum Master is responsible for furthering their professional development in the areas of Scrum, Team Building / Leadership, and Meeting Facilitation. These professional development opportunities can take the form of both team-based and individual activities and should be tailored to each Scrum Master as needed.
- Scrum Master Team Activities: All Scrum Masters are members of a greater Scrum Master team. In order to support one another, each Scrum Master is expected to participate in Scrum Master Team activities whenever possible. These activities include, but are not limited to, meetings, trainings and workshops, team outings, and any other team building activities.
- Company-Wide Scrum Process Events: Each Scrum Master is responsible for participating and aiding in Company-Wide Scrum & Process events.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- 1-3 Year’s direct experience in a scrum master role, OR equivalent experience working to facilitate projects, processes or work product, preferably within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Psychology, Engineering, or related discipline OR equivalent experience.
- Previous team leadership experience and strong public speaking skills.
- Experience in process engineering and project management strongly preferred.
- Skills to help influence and coach people and teams through change.
- Desire to continually develop coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Outgoing, empathetic, perceptive and understanding individual who will thrive in a servant leadership role.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate in a wide variety of situations and with a wide variety of people.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, including an aptitude for Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in a digital backlog management system (i.e., Digital.AI Agility, Jira, Axosoft, Confluence, etc.) or a project management system (Microsoft Project, etc.) a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification, Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification, or equivalent certification a plus.
CNC Software, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, ancestry, physical, intellectual, learning or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, genetic information, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital or civil union status, familial status, veteran or military status , use of tobacco or other lawful products off premises and during non-working hours, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.