Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, provides intermediate programming, configuring and/or analysis skills for specific system assignments. Manages interaction between the systems and corporate technical support areas when additional support is required. Troubleshoots, conducts impact analysis, and escalates appropriately. Defines technical requirements and has ability to coordinate team resources to solve problems. This job does not lead others.
Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of intermediate complexity within a single system or group of small systems. Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, programming and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a very high degree of accuracy and speed. Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately. Builds effective relationships with stakeholders. Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms. Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities. Performs basic project management responsibilities. Coordinates project work with GSO partners. Provides technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.Minimum 7 years of hands on software development and design experience with extensive background and concentration in:
- JAVA/J2EE, Spring Framework
- XML, Json, Node.js, Python
- Cloud Foundry development
- WebServices development ( SOAP, Rest)
- MQ ( Websphere), RabbitMQ
- Hadoop knowledge and its ecosystem ( M/R, Spark, HIVE,PIG, HBASE, NIFI)
- Hands on experience in one or more Database platforms (Teradata experience a plus)
- Hands on experience and proficiency with Unix/Linux and Korn shell scripting
- Hands on experience with automated testing and deployment tools such as JUnit, GitHub, and CloudFoundry
- Working knowledge of Microservice-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Good knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process.
- Promote the development and quick deployment of Minimal Viable Product (MVP) applications to have real and timely impact to business units—must be comfortable pivoting mid-course to address new information and adapt to the changing realities of a dynamic environment
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.