Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Assists with the design, developing/coding, testing, and documentation of application programs for computer systems. Works with appropriate stakeholders to define system scope and objectives. Performs analysis and debugging of computer software and/or equipment. Performs in accordance with established project standards and processes. Breaks down software requirements and assists with the integration of software systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform technical detail design, coding, testing of applications. Serves as subject matter expert for both customer and internal discussions related to maintaining and enhancing existing software systems. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Deliver large systems for tens of thousands of users. Comply with code quality, migration and dev/ops standards and policies
- Performs software analysis, including requirements and uses case development and design. Writes source code to design specifications, perform software testing including developing and running automated unit tests, drafting, and executing structured automated test cases, and provides software documentation. Analyzes, debugs, and corrects reported software bugs and implements enhancements. Updates user and software documentation. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation, and help the team estimate features. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team.
- Develops software solutions for enterprise environments and other technologies. Analyzes and implements functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, availability) requirements and designs, implements, and tests software. Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features.
- Provides direct technical support for high level, high visibility and critical trouble calls for supported applications. Works with cross functional teams to develop highly reliable software that runs at scale. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Mentoring of junior software engineers.
Under general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Software design, development, and support:
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and support of software for responsive websites, mobile apps and integration with partners using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Angular.js, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Responsible for coding and documenting quality code using best practices, such as unit test integration.
- Responsible for troubleshooting system issues related to software.
- Responsible for providing updates in daily Agile Scrums.
- Responsible for following DevSecOps methodology– you build it, you run it; you break it, you fix it.
- Actively participate in the code & design review process.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Troubleshoot production issues across services and multiple levels of the application stack.
- Respond to inquiries for critical problem resolution.
- Ensure design is scalable secure and reusable.
- Maintain consistency with established design patterns.
- Understand modern software development best practices.
- Technical analysis, collaboration, and communication:
- Work directly with Full Stack Developers – Senior/Lead and business stakeholders to analyze and elaborate on requirements.
- Elevates significant issues to the attention of Full Stack Developers & Manager.
- Collaborate effectively with onsite/offshore teams.
- Plan and estimate work to be completed.
- Training, Research & Development:
- Stay current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations.
- Develop healthcare domain expertise specifically in payer space.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
Bachelor's Degree inInformation Technology or Computer Science ORin lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
1-3 years of experience with software development, basic coding and compilation, software architecture/design, user requirements definition and software specification development.Required:
- Proficient with Java development .
- Proficient with Spring related technologies such as Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and Spring Integration.
- Proficient with API development and developing REST and SOAP APIs.
- Proficient with source control.
- Proficient with SQL.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, etc.
- Hands on experience with JSON, XML data formats.
- Proficient with DevOps toolchains.
- Passion for reusable, scalable, and secure software development.
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores, Caching concepts, and web security concepts e.g. oAuth2, SAML.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, Karma, Protractor, etc.
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter that values continuous learning.
- Passion for reusable, scalable, and secure software development.
- Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge in the Healthcare domain.
- Desire to work in a Global delivery environment (on & off-shore development).
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management/Defect management tools like Rally, ALM, JIRA etc.
- Relevant certifications in Web development, Mobile development, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge with development and deployment of a cloud-native project (pet projects are welcome), preferably on AWS or Azure.
- Contributor to an open source project.
Department Department:EAR Digital Delivery - MDEqual Employment Opportunity
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers’ best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests.
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework.
- Knowledge of Code quality and promotion practices.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersFederal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship.