Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking an Associate Software Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will work as part of a Site Reliability Engineering team to design, automate, administer, operate, enhance and improve our technology stack, platforms and service offerings. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, automate, administer, operate, enhance and improve solutions that enhance the developer experience and fuel our Public Cloud adoption.
- Solve problems by developing a hypothesis. Set out to prove, or disprove, your hypothesis through experiments, adjustments and perseverance.
- Perform basic analysis, development, testing, debugging, configuration, incident investigation, documentation, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Two years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of building and supporting CI/CD pipelines.
- Basic understanding of Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Preferred experience with Ansible, Docker or monitoring tools.
- More important than experience in any singular technology: A strong sense of curiosity about technology and a desire to learn and grow your career.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.