The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
An Associate Software Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming languages and technologies, leveraging BDD (Behavior Drive Development)/TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Adheres to Software Engineering and Information Security Controls. Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from others. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Works on sub portions of projects using knowledge developed through education or experience. Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
* Develop and test high velocity data services using tools like Spark, Java, Scala, Python and JUnit.
* Support Machine Learning by implementing analytic and sampling jobs in Spark, MapReduce, and SQL.
* Enhance existing core Enterprise Data Platform Services.
* Support large scale data movement and high-performance service/message oriented architectures.
* 2+ years of software development using Java/Scala/Apache Spark in a distributed system.
* 2+ years of experience with SQL-oriented database techniques and technologies.
* 2+ years working with Hadoop or related technology.
* A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
* Deep passion for building great software.
* Familiarity with message brokers such as Kafka.
* Experience in Agile development environments.
Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.