World Wide Technology has an opening for an Associate Systems Administrator within the IT Department located at our headquarters in St. Louis, MO. Description
This position is responsible for the design, coordination, and implementation of the IT infrastructure for our new offices both domestically and internationally. Skills to include the analysis, planning, and deployment of network, unified communications, and general end user computing technologies based on predefined standards. This individual will also be responsible for the ordering of the telecommunication circuits and IT related network and unified communications equipment for the project.
This ideal candidate will have both technical and project management skills along with excellent communications skills. Must have ability and motivation to expand technical knowledge and skills through a combination of formal training, self-directed training and on-the-job experience.Responsibilities
- Create the IT network and unified communications design for projects based on predefined standards.
- Travel to domestic and international World Wide Technology facilities to deploy IT infrastructure for new offices, remodels, and moves.
- Have knowledge and ability to provide technical support for network, unified communications equipment, printers, conference room technology, low voltage design, Windows and Mac PCs.
- Coordinate the ordering, configuration, inventory, and shipment of equipment.
- Order, track, and implement telecommunication circuits.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with the projects implemented.
- Perform individual and group training for our employees on utilizing enterprise voice, video, and end user computing offerings.
- Work closely with our employees to understand and resolve pain points within our environment.
- Stay abreast of the markets and changing technologies over time.
- Provide excellent customer service.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Basic understanding of networking configuration to include IP sub-netting, wireless, routing, switching, IP telephony, and the deployment of voice and video equipment.
- Understanding of ordering, installing and maintaining telecommunication circuits and associated equipment.
- Two years of college or equivalent post-high school education.
- Ability to obtain a passport and travel 15%-50% of the time – sometimes on short notice.
- Available for limited afterhours support including weekends and holidays.
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact with vendors and coworkers with a positive attitude and a desire to provide excellent customer services.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
- 2+ years of IT-related experience.
- 1+ years of experience in managing networks or working with unified communication equipment.