We are looking for driven and dynamic professionals like you to grow with us and shape our future!Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. Thats why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry.In addition to our industry-leading software solutions and outstanding customer service, our people are the heart and soul of our success. Passionate, dedicated, and driven, Information Builders employees are some of the most talented and creative professionals in the industry. Job Description Title:
Associate Technical Developer About Information Builders
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Founded in 1975, Information Builders continues to be one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. Our reputation for customer service and our commitment to superior software engineering has garnered us top recognition from independent analyst research firms including Gartner, Forrester, Ventana Research, BARC, Butler, Bloor, and The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI). General Description
Information Builders Canada is looking for an individual to help disrupt the Business Intelligence software space. We are looking for an Associate Technical Developer (Associate Tech Dev). This is an intermediate position with the opportunity to learn the latest web development technologies including SASS, React, and Google BigQuery in addition to the Information Builders technology stack. This role is a member of the Sales and Support team whose goal is to assist the branch and the company in achieving its goals through the use of Information Builders, Inc. (IBI) products and services. Associate Tech Devs will assist the Tech Reps and Senior Tech Reps in providing the necessary technical support needed in pre-sales and post-sales situations. The distribution of Associate Tech Devs in either platform support, pre-sales, post-sales, and / or services implementation support is a function of branch staffing requirements. Reports to
: Area Technical Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Pre-sales activities are designed to lead to the sale of IBI software along with other products and services offered by IBI. The Associate Tech Dev will be responsible for the following:
- Develop kick-ass business intelligence web applications.
- Learn emerging technologies, their value, and how it could integrate with IBIs technology stack.
- Understand the features and benefits of IBI products and services.
- Integrate prospect needs with IBI products.
- Clearly communicate pertinent and significant information to appropriate team members.
- Act as an assistant in the development of benchmarks, proposals, and other pre-sales activities.Post-sales activities are designed to lead to continued and expanded use of IBI technology stack and services leading to additional sales, development of good references, creation of customer satisfaction, and enhancement of IBIs image as a service organization. The successful Associate Tech Dev will be responsible for the following:
- Assist customers through the successful implementation of WebFOCUS and be actively involved during projects and PoCs.
- Portray a professional image and present IBI as a service oriented organization.
- Isolate and solve technical problems. General Activities In addition to pre-sales and post-sales activities, the successful Associate Tech Dev will be responsible for the following:
- Keep up-to-date with the IBI technology stack as well as relevant technologies that IBI would integrate with.
- Build an awareness of industry trends.
- Report client status and personal activities according to branch and corporate standards.
- Develop an understanding of the sales cycle.
- Become aware of the daily process of working with the corporate office including CSS, TSS, training, MATS and ordering of software. Job Qualification
- College degree or equivalent and 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Desire to become part of a software vendor organization
- Knowledge of at least one operating system including Windows and any flavor of Linux.
- Database skills including SQL and use of database management tools
- Must be success-oriented
- Willingness to travel Required Skills
- Technical curiosity and acumen
- A working understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Ability to take a methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to identify critical situations and to clearly communicate them to others
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Ability to work effectively with guidance from Senior Tech Reps and/or managementIf you are looking for a fresh career opportunity where you can really make a difference every day, wed love to hear from you!