Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 207698
As an Associate User Interface Engineer you will develop cutting-edge web applications for desktop and mobile devices enabling access to AutoTrader.com products and services. In this exciting position, you will work hands-on with UI and Java technologies and frameworks in an Agile development environment. You will work on a collaborative software development team in a fluid, fast-paced environment. The Associate User Interface Engineer will interact with development team members and business contacts and work on multiple concurrent development projects with minimal supervision. This position will play a key role in developing the next generation of AutoTrader.com functionality and capability.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop, and maintain code base for multiple applications, complete with unit testing
• Adhere to code standards and participate in code reviews with other User Interface Engineers
• Participate in problem solving, troubleshooting and testing for all product applications, functional area or project
• Collaborate with more experienced engineers to understand business objectives, provide assessments, and make UI recommendations
• Demonstrate and increase knowledge of user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies and development methodologies
• Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
• Gain a working knowledge of all product applications, functional area or project
• Work directly with a mentor and other experienced team members on projects and work requests
• Have 1+ years' experience doing hands-on development using the following technologies:
o UI frameworks (React, Angular, Bootstrap or similar frameworks)
o Java, J2EE technologies
• Have experience doing hands-on unit testing for front and backend technologies (Jasmine, TestNG or similar frameworks)
• Understanding of object-oriented design and implementation
• Understanding and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
• Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate technical issues to both technical and nontechnical groups
• Desirable skills include: server-side scripting languages (PHP, ASP, JSP, JSF), OOP, SQL, any IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, etc.), SVN/GIT, Java, Flash, UNIX, Adobe Suite, Agile Process Exposure (TDD/BDD), Apache and Apache Tomcat web servers
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.