Senior Software Engineer (Atlassian Tools)
Full-time role in Oakland, CA
Delta Dental of California’s IT Development Practices team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer position. This position will provide expertise in areas of Agile software development methodologies and the Scrum process framework as well as ITIL frameworks for IT service delivery. This position also requires expertise in use and configuration of Atlassian applications including JIRA and Confluence as well as other development tools including GitHub, Chef and Jenkins.
This position’s responsibility is to support in defining software development and service delivery processes and implementing appropriate project templates including custom fields, workflows and automation in JIRA. With expert understanding of Agile software development methodology as well as ITIL frameworks for IT service delivery, this position will work with various IT teams including applications development teams, project management office (PMO) and others to define and implement consistent project or task management processes and reporting of activities.
What we look for:
- Possess analytical skills in working with various IT teams including applications development teams, project management office and IT service delivery teams in defining processes for applications development, service delivery, project planning and time keeping.
- Ability to map defined processes into designs with JIRA custom fields, screens, workflows and related schemes for various project types.
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies.
- Experience in DevOps and related tools including GitHub, Chef and Jenkins.
- Experience in working in all areas of JIRA including complex workflow designs with use of triggers, conditions, validations and post functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years supporting Atlassian products with experience in application and add-on upgrades, troubleshooting issues in JIRA and Confluence and add-ons, and optimizing designs in creating issues with conditions and validations.
- Develop JIRA dashboards and reporting of various project activities. Experience with various JIRA add-ons for reporting.
- Ability to document defined processes and develop and maintain training of the defined processes and the use of JIRA, Confluence as well as any associated tools.
- Strong problem solving and excellent communication skills.
- Agile, Scrum or ITIL certification.
Benefits & Perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Akram Hussain | Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist
Desk: 415-691-4885 | AHussian@delta.org
Delta Dental of California | 1333 Broadway, Suite 800, Oakland, CA 94612