Minneapolis, MN - on site
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
Our client, an Audiovisual Technology company is looking for a Project Manager with AV & Digital Signage experience, to work with GC's on critical new construction projects. The Project Manager's primary job responsibilities include thoroughly understanding and writing project scopes, creating and managing project schedules, controlling project budgets, proactively identifying and resolving project risks, scheduling resources, and delivering projects on time and within budget.
General Job Duties:
• Project initiation: During the initiation phase of a project, the PMO is responsible for leading the estimating and budgeting efforts, identifying potential risks, identifying assumptions, identifying exclusions, identifying customer responsibilities, identifying project stakeholders and creating contracts (statements of work). During this phase, a project is setup in the project database and project folders are created.
• Planning a project: Once a project statement of work (SOW) is signed or another authorized form of contractual agreement is received, a project enters the planning phase. During this phase, the PMO is responsible for facilitating internal and external project kickoff meetings, establishing regular status meetings, reviewing the scope with the entire project team, creating a project schedule, obtaining and booking project resources, overseeing engineering, managing team dynamics, scheduling site assessments, authorizing procurement and coordinating necessary project travel.
• Executing a project: Once a project schedule is approved, the execution phase begins. During the execution phase of the project, the PMO is responsible for ensuring successful completion of all deliverables in the project SOW (or contract) on time and on budget. This is accomplished through tracking progress against the project schedule, adjusting the schedule as needed, communicating project status regularly through status reports and status meetings and updating project documentation. During this phase the PMO is responsible for building relationships with the customer and identifying opportunities to increase project scope and issuing change orders when needed.
• Closing a project: After all deliverables have been completed, a project enters the closure phase. During this phase, the PMO is responsible for obtaining project acceptance from the customer, ensuring all project documentation is updated to accurately reflect the deliverables, managing punch list completion, cleaning up project files, finalizing billing, reconciling labor and financials, handing the customer off to support, facilitating lessons learned meetings and closing out the project in all systems.
• Monitoring and controlling a project: Throughout all phases of a project, the PMO is responsible for managing the project scope and obtaining authorization for scope deviation through the change order process, managing customer expectations, managing project labor and financial budgets, controlling project risk and quality, resolving project conflict and issues and escalating accordingly within the PMO.
• Strong business and professional acumen
• Exceptional communication skills (both written and spoken)
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Influence others
• Lead cross-functional teams
• Effective conflict, issue and risk resolution
• Detail oriented and organized
• Decision making
• Knowledge of project management methodologies
• Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies
• Process driven
• Up to 50% travel
• Occasional night and evening work
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years experience in project management
- Experience in setting and managing customer expectations
- Experience working with General Contractors in a PM role
- Experience with AV & Digital Signage
- PMP a plus, but not required
Qualified candidates should contact Brain at email@example.com or 978-852-7053.