AVA Consulting is seeking a Automated Driving Software Engineer
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Duration: 12 Months
Company Background: Our client, a major employer in the area, is looking for an Automated Driving Software Engineer to be part of its team in its North American operations. Description:
Who we're looking for
Client's Integrated Vehicle Systems (IVS) Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Software Engineer
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop advance driver system algorithms in C++ and Python.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager in IVS, the person in this role will support the IVS department's objective to design and evaluate the next generation of automated driving systems for Client and Lexus vehicles. What you'll be doing
- Working alongside ADS development engineers to design algorithms and software logic in C++, Python
- Support requirements and system architecture to incorporate into the algorithm development
- Working with Client IT infrastructure, Client engineers, and supporting groups to develop advanced driver assist systems and autonomous drive systems.
- Complete logic development by making design requirements, confirming/testing logic, and ensuring quality and all safety concepts into software design.
- Mentoring software engineers in best practices.
- **THIS POSITION WILL BE WORKING DIRECTLY ONSITE AND DOES REQUIRE SOME DRIVING**
What you bring
- B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- Experience as a software engineer (5 years).
- Experience building, implementing, and supporting medium to large scale solutions in C++ and Python
- Experience performing performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation in a software and integration environment (1 year).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team with limited supervision.
What you may bring
- C++ or Python Certification (foundational, associate, professional, or specialty).
- A valid US drivers' license.
- Experience in machine vision, radar, and lidar data (1 year).
- Experience with dynamics-based vehicle simulation (1 year).
NOTE: - Interested Candidates can apply by sending their Updated Resume and Contact Details.