Apex Systems has an immediate need for a direct hire CRM/PRM Automation Architect. If you are, or someone you know is, interested please reach out to Nick Brady with a copy of your resume at
This role is a core technical resource responsible for the architecture design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of marketing automation and CRM/PRM solutions. This role works closely with a small team to build requirements and translate these requirements into sophisticated segmentations/personas, automations and journey buildouts, which integrate and push and pull key data elements from our Healthgrades/Appian, Epic, Sitecore and Salesforce Marketing Cloud technologies.
This highly collaborative role requires a balance of strong technical skills and a high digital marketing acumen. This candidate will help shape our MarTech journey and will be responsible for the full business architecture design throughout the entire lifecycle (build, testing, validation and maintenance),
Other essential responsibilities include:
- Leads configuration and support of the Appian BPM tool and Salesforce Marketing Cloud automation technology, working closely with implementation partners.
- Converts requirements to technical design, hands-on development, configuration and implementation and understanding of applications in Appian and Marketing Cloud to support business needs and system integrations.
- Documents functionality and business processes.
- Ensures proper secure socket layer (SSL certification), in addition to other security measures such as data encryption, audit trail and to consult on processes and training to scale out secure and proper use of data across platforms.
Requires a bachelor's degree at an accredited college. Degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering or digital marketing technology or equivalent experience Knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of technical/system architecture trends and best practice with an eye towards future direction and keeping abreast of new developments as pertains to digital marketing automation
- Understanding of security standards, SSL, TLS and data encryption
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce ecosystem and Appian or other BPM tools
- Working knowledge of online marketing, SEM, display advertising, user journeys, segmentation and personas and website reporting tools and web analytics
- Some familiarity and understanding of Appian plug ins, including rules engines
- Knowledge of email and SMS deliverability strategies and awareness of key indicators around thresholds of performance
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including cloud-based products on Azure
- Knowledge and understanding of full process from SQL query to ELT and ETL to map and bring together data from multiple data sources
- Strong knowledge of standard methodologies for email, direct mail, SMS, phone call/IVR, and mobile/SMS messaging
- Moderate experience in (this appears to be blank)
- Understanding of Marketing Cloud SOAP and REST APIs
Required Licensure Certification, etc.
- Expert with Marketing Cloud's Email Studio, Automation Studio, Advertising Studio, Mobile Studio, Journey Builder, MC Connect, Audience Builder, and SQL Query builder
- Proficient with data models and the relationships between objects
- Proficient with process documentation
- Ability to demonstrate capacity for innovation, idea generation and strategic thinking
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues with varying levels of expertise and resolve problems
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Solid teamwork skills
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certifications including: Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Developer or Marketing Cloud Consultant preferred
- Appian credentials preferred
- 3+ years of related professional experience in Marketing, Information Technology, data, information management & architecture
- 2+ years' experience with technical implementation of maintenance of CRM/PRM and marketing automation platforms and features within e.g. Content Builder, Journey Builder, Advertising Studio, Email Studio (Data Extensions), Automation Studio, Cloud Pages and Mobile Studio
- 2+ years' experience with high volume of sends and segmentations
- 2 + years' experience with database/contact management and segmentation using SQL queries/statements to access, update, aggregate and transform data to meet business needs
- Experience with Marketing Cloud Multi-Org Connector
- Experience with Tableau and BI Platform integrations preferred
- Experience with a ticketing system, such as JIRA, ServiceNow preferred
- Experience with Sitecore platform and integrations a plus
- Healthcare experience preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or